LJ

Catie

Current location: home! Smile

Current mood: accomplished

Current music: mewithoutYou, of course.

Entry tags: girly things, hang out, home, keepin it real, laundry, tour

ALRIGHT ALREADY!

aaaand we're back!

My poor computer has been through the ringer with me. It's scratched, dented... not to mention it's ego is bruised. But I care more for this computer than I could possibly proclaim. What matters is that we're together again. At last. When did I start using capital letters in my posts?

so how is everyone? i'm really sorry it's been so long. honestly, i probably needed the week to truly shut off. can't believe it's only been a week since we got back. the time has been amazing here.. never going by too quickly or too slow. let's see how i feel about it in a week. speaking of time and all that - when do we get to put out the new record again? feels like we finished it years ago. we've done so much since april 31st. been all over the place. played zillions of shows to a gazillion people. can't help but think where we'll be a year from now. how much we might get to do between now and then. i don't know why or how but our band has been blessed from the beginning to be able to meet so many different people (no doubt reference, holla!) and to do so many cool things. once in a lifetime type things. now, we're getting ready to start a whole new chapter (and you're coming with us)... i imagine it's going to be exciting, a bit chaotic, but mostly just exciting. the best part is that i feel we're going to open it all up the right way. as much as we possibly can, we're going back and trying to get a grip on our beginnings. playing somewhat smaller rooms on the upcoming tour. the "surprise" show at Islington Academy, where we played our first show in London. even the fact that the pricing of the deluxe was lower than what it probably would've been... makes me feel happy that we can try and take care of you guys in whatever small ways we know how to. cause we really appreciate you. those of you who have kept it real with us and stuck around... since the day it was just you and a few of your close friends in the crowd. And since the first time one of our shows got shut down for being too crowded, hot, and rowdy. Everyone was all passed out in the backlot with ambulances everywhere. Was that Javajazz or am I crazy!? Either way, it's not to say that any fan that doesn't remember these times isn't as true a fan as the next... we love and appreciate ALL of ya. If you have, however, been around for a while... we hope you really enjoy the next tour for what it's worth. so be there with us.

anyone checked out Paper Route? or The Swellers? both bands rule. they're very different from each other. and from us, for that matter. we're stoked to have brought together opening bands that sort of represent two different parts of the spectrum, as far as what we enjoy, musically. not to mention, they're both friends of ours, so it should be a big party. we're going to bring out some fun to-do's. Cornhole, for instance. (which Jerm and I are in charge of getting, can't forget). And REAL movie nights! we're gonna pull a Pennywise and bring out our tour manager's movie projector... so we can watch movies drive in style. a bit of a D.I.Y. job. should rule, if we do it right.

quickly before i go (laundry waiting)... let's talk about regular things.. like how much i suck at Call Of Duty after 2 1/2 weeks off from playing it! i'm terrible. or like how i've suddenly become addicted to this "WE" television... it's like a channel for women that comes with Comcast cable. there's a show called "The Secret Lives of Women". check that shiz out, it's crazy. then there are all their different wedding cake tv shows. there are like 2 cake tv shows for 1 of any other kind of show in their programming. that's a helluvalotta cake. but it's so fascinating. i can't bake or cook at all (still), so maybe that's why i love it so much.

we can discuss these things further in the comments... or whatever... but i really gotta start getting some more laundry done! love you all. and if any of you speak to Jeremy, tell him to get his butt over to my house so me and him and Patrick can hang out.