The (American) Football Thread

arrrrr x matey

I must admit I don't follow it very intensively. But I have watched some games here and there and know the basic rules. I actually have two teams that I like to follow or that will say one of the teams have been devalued a little. The teams are Green Bay Packers and NY Giants. I think it is quite funny that such a small city/town ? can have a team which team can fill more people than the entire population of the city and as far as i know it is community owned. Although since Brett Favre left the team I haven't felt the same for the team. And for Brett Favre I think that he should have stopped instead of making his reputation bad. I mean he has played for so many years in Green Bay and then he decides to play for Minnesota Vikings, not the smartest move if you ask me.

I like Giants because of the very offensive play and Eli Manning is an amazing player.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Lol ok, with me here, this thread should get a lot more posts soon. We need to give america's favorite game a lot more love. I see we have pretty much the entire NFC East covered here. Got some NYG, PHI, and WSH fans. No Dallas fans though from what ive read. which is good :P haha jk. But Im sure its not hard to figure out my favorite team is. SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS!Thats how we do lol. Diehard and proud of it. 21 long hard years. But this is the year I think. BOLTZ 4 LIFE!

Anyways we got the HOF Game Sunday night. Dallas vs Cincy. Anyone interested to see how T.O. does with the Bengals? I for one am. I think Cincy will be tough to beat this season if their WRs get along. I know that is a stretch. But I mean Ochocinco, Antonio Bryant, and T.O....damn that is some talent. But that is why they play the game.

And does anyone else think Favre just needs to freaking retire already? If he doesnt retire now, he wont retire til a tag is on his toe i think lol. But im sick of the whole "Favre Watch" or whatever...its aggravating.

and just for the record....Im picking the Lions to turn some heads this year. I think they will be in contention to win the NFC North at the end of the year. Call me crazy. But Stafford showed some sparks last year. Calvin Johnson is a great WR. Then with Jahvid Best at RB. And Ndomkong Suh...man that dude is a BEAST! So just look out for them :P But seriously, look out for them Lions.

haha anyways I suppose that is my 2cents on football for now. Sorry for like typing a book. Im passionate about my football though lol.