How'd you hear about Paramore?

So me and my friend are Simple Plan fans and we decided to go and see them in concert in Denver. We were standing in line and met a couple of people who were there to see Straylight Run. We started talking about the opening acts and me and my friend didn't know who the opening acts were so we asked the two other people and they said Straylight Run, Plain White T's and what sounded like "Barrymore." I had only heard of the Plain White T's so I didn't care much about the opening bands. We get into the show and come to find out the first opening act was this band called...what else, Paramore and not Barrymore. They were so awesome that I had to go to their table and meet them. That was the first time I met them but I didn't have a camera so I didn't get any pictures. It was cool though because when Simple Plan got up on stage, they said "did you guys enjoy Paramore?!?" and me and my friends were the only ones cheering for them so they pointed at us and were smiling and stuff. Ahhhh...memories.

Sorry about the long post!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys. i posted this on the Welcome thread, but i think its better if i post this here. so to those who have read this, dont mind me.. :D

anyways, i know most of u here grew up in the same place as the members of Paramore, but for humble ol me from the kingdom of unexpected treasures (Google up Brunei and im sure you'll find that catchphrase), i heard OF Paramore when i was chatting on MSN to a girl i knew off Friendster, when i told her i was in an "im into female-vocalists phase" (Fiona Apple, Sinead O Connor, Cranberries, etc).

so she introduced me to Paramore, and recommended "My Heart" as a first listen.. turns out my sister has a couple of their songs (she never told me HOW she got em, Limewire i suppose) so i took em of her. and OMG, i listened to 'My Heart" and immediately FELL IN LOVE (literally) with them (Hayley's voice, the guitars, the drums, the arrangement, the lyrics) during the first chorus...

so i got their songs by downloading them off the net (sorry to you 'against-file-sharing-via-net' people, we dont have much variety of music CDs available here) and iv been listening to them ever since; when i go online, in the car, my sister's iPod, my humble ol beat-up mp3 player, in the shower, etc, etc...

my mom's going to China in a few days, so im hoping to ask her to get me their album. i HAVE TO HAVE IT.. i feel bad for only having their songs off the net, not on the original CD..

and thats my story as to how Paramore came into my life and changed it forever for the better...... (i wish Hayley would read this. hehe) :D

i somehow came across p.org, then i when to the official site and that was when it played the intro to emergency and i liked it. so i watched the all we know video there and i learned that song withing about a day and then i would listen to the on purevolume everyday and i became addicted..

and the rest is history

simple plan concert.

i saw that they were opening when buying my tickets, but didn't know of them.

went to the concert and fell in love. i was right in front and had some good hayley and jeremy action.

AND... earlier in the day i got to the venue pretty early because my friend and i wanted to get in line and it was FREEZING outside. (that's chicago for ya)... anyway, i went over to the starbucks across the street and saw this group of people with passes to get backstage and whatnot. i was like, man, they are lucky. and who are those people? hayley, josh, and jason. yeah. i felt stupid later. after the show i got to see hayley and josh again. they were walking out of the venue after the show while all of us were waiting to meet simple plan. i was like "hey, your set was amazing, you guys did a great job." they both said thanks and stopped to take picture with these girls that we made friends with in line.

so yeah, that is my first paramore experience.

i wish i already knew of the paramore awesomeness, that day would have been much better if i did.

i remember how i found out about them perfectly. they were playing with bowling for soup and wakefield in august. well it was my very first concert ever. so me and my cousin went. and Paramore was the very first band I saw live. but we didn't really know the bands name so a couple of days later my cousin saw them on mtvs you hear it first so I heard them on purevolume and myspace and have been addicted ever since.

my story is not very cool at all.

I saw their video for pressure on TV... I was watching The-N (i think its called Noggin during the day) and the video played during a commercial or something. This was back in like january.

I didn't think much of the band at first, but I was intrigued by the vocalist of course and had to look them up on the intraweb. (Ever since tsunami bomb ive been a huge fan of female fronted bands.)

Anyways I watched the videos on their official site and was amazed at the hallelujah acoustic thing. I downloaded some more of their stuff, and was really impressed when I found out how young they were and everything.

Like a few weeks later I made plans to see them at warped.

some awesome girls from the aar boards would go on and on about paramore and one day i decided to check them out and ive pretty much been obsessed ever since' date=' thats why i love my toaties :']

domenica? wow she works wonders

haha yes! i love NIKKI!

and others :]

hahha ME!

i spammed the shit out of paramore on the AAR boards. i hope you guys are keeping that thread alive and kickin.

^ Haha omg.. I didn't know you were on there. :P

I don't like Avril anymore.. but I'm 'O Canada' there. I was the 1st person to get more posts than the admin wayyyy back in the day' date=' but yeah, haha. :P[/quote']

Haha thats funny. yeah for awhile i like lost interest in her now since i liked paramore. but who knows what could happen when her next album comes out.

I heard of paramore through purevolume. Great place for checking out bands.. I guess I just randomly clicked on them and I was really blown away.. Yep.

Since I'm new and everything to this forum (and btw, hi everyone) there seems to be a lot of Avril and Paramore fans. It's pretty funny because the first time I tried to get my sister to listen to paramore she commented that they reminded her of Avril. I didn't quite get that at that point but now I guess I do see some similarities.

Anyways I'll just like to say I'm really glad I stumbled onto their purevolume page because they are really one of my fave bands now. And I shall continue getting my friends to check them out!

I heard of paramore through purevolume. Great place for checking out bands.. I guess I just randomly clicked on them and I was really blown away.. Yep.

Since I'm new and everything to this forum (and btw' date=' hi everyone) there seems to be a lot of Avril and Paramore fans. It's pretty funny because the first time I tried to get my sister to listen to paramore she commented that they reminded her of Avril. I didn't quite get that at that point but now I guess I do see some similarities.

Anyways I'll just like to say I'm really glad I stumbled onto their purevolume page because they are really one of my fave bands now. And I shall continue getting my friends to check them out![/quote']

hey hey fellow South East Asian!! welcome, welcome.. well, shouldve posted my reply on the Welcome thread, but hey!!

anyways, i feel the same man. im so glad i know of Paramore. they are the cooolliest bands there is!!

rock on Paramore!