New LJ Entry

Catie

everyone is just hanging out and we're going to Helsinki in an hour or so.

it's been a good trip so far... i just can't wait to get to a bed. definitely going to catch a lot of z's. i don't mean Zac's. i mean sleep.

i listened to The Cardigans on the way here and had "You're The Storm" on repeat for quite a while. i enjoy love songs... though, there aren't many that i actually understand. that one, i do. i like that she wants someone to claim her so much. "IF YOU WANT ME I'M YOUR COUNTRY" and what i like most is that she realizes she'd do whatever it takes and that this love could be a risk. "ALL THIS PEACE HAS BEEN DECEIVING". most of the love songs that i really like have a hint of sadness mixed up in them. which to me, makes perfect sense because i don't really believe that love can be even half way understood unless you've felt some degree of what is opposite of love. or if you've had your heart mistreated. so, the contrast is drastic and you see love at it's brightest and fullest potential. is it even cool to talk about love like this anymore? i mean, it feels kind of important to me. it's not like i'm saying anything that's never been heard before... but i guess it's all worth restating in a round-a-bout sorta way. it takes a lot of faith to give love... and even more faith to let yourself be loved. such a risk that seems so worth it. but what do i know, i'm only 20, right?

check out this song if you've never heard it. The Cardigans rule.

sincerely,

hayley