BBBB Music Video - Coursework - Help !

Jorgi

Okay guys, so basically for my A2 Media Studies coursework i had to do a music video, so me and my friend collectively decided to do a paramore song and then decided to do BBBB because we figured that would be easiest. It wasn't. this was also decided before they announced it as their next single and released their own video so this is now just embarrassing.

BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT.

basically i have to write a very dull evaluation of it all, and i need some "audience feedback", can anyone help out ?

that's the link to it, now don't expect it to be amazing because it's not and i know it's not, equipment and time restraints suck.

but i do need constructive criticism from you guys. this means you can't be mean, but you can tell me what's wrong with it - you can also tell me what you like about it too !

any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

oh, this also apparently applies to the magazine advert and digipak cover we also had to design, sorry guys i know this is asking alot but it would really, really help us out !!

media advert link (large image)

Digipak cover 1 (large image)

digipak cover 2 (large image)

thanks !

i actually find it pretty cool :)

the video fits with the song and i love how you have put those tiny little details there and it looks like you guys have done a lot of work to make this video =)

i love how it looks a bit "amateurish" cause it makes it look real. it doesn't look like hollywood special effects x 1000 you know and that's why i like it.

i think it's cool that you guys made this of BBBB! i really like it and i think you had cool effects there like those bricks in the "badababadababada" part.

really good job =)

Yeah i liked it! Some cool ideas going on there, I thought your mate looked like she was going to burst out laughing at the start though :rotfl:

But yeah its good, ill have another look at it and the rest of the stuff later on as im off to uni soon, oddly enough im doing Media Studies at Uni so maybe I can give some tips or something I dunno, but ill have a better look later!

Cheers all !

Yeah i liked it! Some cool ideas going on there, I thought your mate looked like she was going to burst out laughing at the start though :rotfl:

But yeah its good, ill have another look at it and the rest of the stuff later on as im off to uni soon, oddly enough im doing Media Studies at Uni so maybe I can give some tips or something I dunno, but ill have a better look later!

thanks :) yeah completely, i think we got about 30 mins of raw footage for the whole thing, and literally half the editing process was sifting through the parts where she/we were cracking up ! never work with friends, haha. annoying that we had to use those shots as we didn't get a chance to reshoot, oh well.

yeah that would be great if you could haha, that's rad, what uni ? i've just applied for digital media/film production courses at uni and am getting replies, nervous times !

Aye I didnt like the whole applying for Uni thing, UCAS sucks though, there was a mix up with my results so I had to go through clearing to re-apply for the same course i should have initialy been accepted for. The Uni is Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, quite a decent Uni I think.

Anyhoo back to your thing, still havent had time for a proper look but i really like your advert, looks pretty well done to me, not so sure about the digi-pack covers though, you could maybe try out some different colours. What is it your teacher's actualy looking for? Like whats gonna get you the marks?

i take a class where i make videos all the time and one of the projects was a music video, i'm kind of doing a mini music video too atm.

as far as the shots go i think they were pretty good.... the first "head in the clouds" shot was weird because it was a little dark.... probably because you were shooting into the sun.

i really like the whole idea especially the picture concept and the end

I like whole concept you had on this. Polaroid photos ,bricks, and real prince. Stop motion parts r done really well. On a few segnemts i thought that that friend of yours is going to start laughing...and one thing i dont really like r her facial expresions. Couse she is main caracter i think she could do way better in telling the story they her mimics,face and body language.

As i already said stop motion parts r the most fav parts of this to me.Polaroid photos at the end and brick wall. soo cool.

And one particular part i also like the part when he comes in and take brick out her wall and she looks so sad. That was i talking about.

Overall i think it is verry well done :)

and hope my comments r being helpfull. :)

Anyhoo back to your thing, still havent had time for a proper look but i really like your advert, looks pretty well done to me, not so sure about the digi-pack covers though, you could maybe try out some different colours. What is it your teacher's actualy looking for? Like whats gonna get you the marks?

yeah i'm pretty chuffed with how the advert came out, but equally un-chuffed about the digipak... i completely get what you mean, but as it's due in friday (hah) and i have a whole bunch of other coursework for other subjects to get on with i'm hoping it'll be enough. i don't have the foggiest i'd what the teacher's looking for, but fingers crossed i've mentioned why we (or rather i) have done what we have done based on previous products and established conventions etc and the justification will make up for shitty visual...

i take a class where i make videos all the time and one of the projects was a music video, i'm kind of doing a mini music video too atm.

as far as the shots go i think they were pretty good.... the first "head in the clouds" shot was weird because it was a little dark.... probably because you were shooting into the sun.

i really like the whole idea especially the picture concept and the end

that's rad ! can i see when it's done ? i love this kind of stuff

and cheers :) yeah i completely agree, the only justification i have is that this all had to be shot in one afternoon and it was horrendously overcast which is just a bitch when shooting with the shittastic equipment we are provided with - but yeah i can stick these comments in my evaluation so thanks !

I like whole concept you had on this. Polaroid photos ,bricks, and real prince. Stop motion parts r done really well. On a few segnemts i thought that that friend of yours is going to start laughing...and one thing i dont really like r her facial expresions. Couse she is main caracter i think she could do way better in telling the story they her mimics,face and body language.

As i already said stop motion parts r the most fav parts of this to me.Polaroid photos at the end and brick wall. soo cool.

And one particular part i also like the part when he comes in and take brick out her wall and she looks so sad. That was i talking about.

Overall i think it is verry well done :)

and hope my comments r being helpfull. :)

thank you :) yup i agree about the acting - luckily we're not being marked on performance but more the production/filming/editing side of things, although of course the character actions take away a huge part of credibility for the audience so that is a pain but we worked with the best we could get haha ! but yeah cheers, very useful thanks !

I might just not "get it" but about 1:14, was she reading the book back to front?

completely.

there is nothing to get, i was hoping no one would notice. :shifty:

that's rad ! can i see when it's done ? i love this kind of stuff

and cheers :) yeah i completely agree, the only justification i have is that this all had to be shot in one afternoon and it was horrendously overcast which is just a bitch when shooting with the shittastic equipment we are provided with - but yeah i can stick these comments in my evaluation so thanks !

if my teacher will let me have a copy then sure! :)

ive done so many projects in that class.

yeah it isn't too bad but i thought i'd just point it out :P

and no problem :)

^Oh lordy i wouldn't be able to tell you... some ancient panasonic thing i think ? a school provided camera. I originally shot it on my canon optura, which although the quality isn't much higher, at least i could fiddle around with manual settings which i couldn't with the panasonic... alas, my camera shoots in NTSC which effectively fucked up an existing PAL format tape and as a result i couldn't transfer it onto the computers in the editing suite... so had to reshoot with a PAL format camera which i don't own, thus shitty school ones come into play along with extremely restrictive time deadlines as a result of aforementioned camera/tape fuck up. damn, i say !

^Oh lordy i wouldn't be able to tell you... some ancient panasonic thing i think ? a school provided camera. I originally shot it on my canon optura, which although the quality isn't much higher, at least i could fiddle around with manual settings which i couldn't with the panasonic... alas, my camera shoots in NTSC which effectively fucked up an existing PAL format tape and as a result i couldn't transfer it onto the computers in the editing suite... so had to reshoot with a PAL format camera which i don't own, thus shitty school ones come into play along with extremely restrictive time deadlines as a result of aforementioned camera/tape fuck up. damn, i say !

ahah i thought that is some kind of story like that behind it...LOL

then i must say you did really good camera work with such a shitty cam LOL