IT'S CHRISTTTMAAAAASSSSS

kwik-silva

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It just really stinks because they always used to come over here. Oh well. My mom made sure to put the tree at a different spot than it used to be. I'll just try to forget about it in the morning.

I hear you. This is the first time in seventeen years that my eldest sister isn't going to be spending Christmas with us for she moved out to the mighty Alaska. Then, for the first time in seventeen years also, my grandmother isn't going to be with us because she has gone completely mad and it stuck in the confines of a hospital, not looking to be in good shape. And same goes for my other grandparents who came every year--they're ill and cannot make it, so my Aunt and Uncle cannot either due to the fact they live with my grandparents and so they have to take care of 'em.

Some Eastern churches (Serbia, Russia, Egypt, Georgia, amongst others) used the old Julian calender and December 25th on that calender corresponds to 7th January on our, Gregorian, calender.

OHHH, okay, I understand now. That's pretty cool. Thank you very much ^_^

. . . Sad how I've spent three years at a Catholic school with three years of taking a religion class and wasn't aware of this.