The Ladies' Thread

Catie

hahah yeah i see your point faith. and you're right, good thinking.

too bad i have a massive crush on someone already so it sucks even more knowing that i probably won't be with him.

hahahaha. I have a crush on someone too, but its so ridiculously unrealistic that I've gotten over it.

I've accepted that he's just gonna be a friend of mine for now. He's clearly stated that he has no desire to be in a relationship any time soon because of his band, and I respect that decision 100%.

I also have that whole, if its meant to happen, it will mentality.

It comes with age Catie. Honestly, it really does.

This time last year I wouldn't have thought this way, but college changes your perspective on a lot of things.

I also blame my brother a bit. He's had some really shitty relationships and I don't really want to go through that, so I'm willing to wait till I'm mature enough to handle it. Its not really his fault, but its how I've perceived all the stuff he's been through that has really skewed my thoughts on being in a relationship at my age.

yeah, hopefully things will turn around in college.

i know how that is. i've learned alot of things (not necessarily relationships) from watching my older sister grow up.

My biggest advice is to not do anything your first year. Stay away from relationships freshman year. Mainly because guys think they can conquer in college. Freshmen guys will be all about fooling around, upperclassmen will think that freshman girls will do just about anything to fit in and have that "college experience." A lot of my friends got hurt their freshman year because they were so excited about being away from home and having the freedom to be with any guy and do stuff. Focus freshman year on making friends and getting acclimated with your new environment.

Thats what I did and I think I had one of the greatest years ever. Honestly, I loved freshman year so much.

Thats a good thing to focus on. I really wish I had spent more time looking into clubs and stuff... but my school really doesn't have that many that I'm aware of. I tried to join the Music Business news blogs thing, but not that many people were interested so it didn't really happen. Maybe next year.

Honestly though, don't get too involved either. Take it one step at time. You never know how heavy your class load is going to be. I didn't do much my first semester, got more involved second semester.

Yeah, there's no difference between college and university here in the US. The only real difference is that universities tend to be more prestigious and have more programs. They typically have better graduate programs than colleges as well. But when someone says they're in college its basically the same thing as saying they're in university.

i am so, so excited to go to university. assuming i didn't ruin my A levels and i get what i'm predicted, i get a rather tasty academic grant (it really is quite a delicious amount) which shall fund my plans for a romp around america. ....i mean, will pay for all the books i'll be studying from. yup. that too. :ph34r:

also, boys smell.

i am so, so excited to go to university. assuming i didn't ruin my A levels and i get what i'm predicted, i get a rather tasty academic grant (it really is quite a delicious amount) which shall fund my plans for a romp around america. ....i mean, will pay for all the books i'll be studying from. yup. that too. :ph34r:

also, boys smell.

This romp around America includes California, correct?

Ummmm. Like, final exams ? I don't know how to compare it to you guys because i don't know the system in america.... hah, helpful. But basically, in year 11 (15-16 year olds) you sit your GCSEs, then you have the choice to leave school or stay on at a college or sixth form (which is what i did) to do your A levels for 2 years - I did A levels in History, English Literature and Media Studies, for example - the grades and subjects that you get for your A levels (usually) determines which universities you can apply/get into.

does that make any sense ? I'm not sure it does, but i'm okay with it :shock:

This romp around America includes California, correct?

but of course. LA and NY are definites as i have places to stay in both of them, but i want to do a proper cross-state jobby.

Ummmm. Like, final exams ? I don't know how to compare it to you guys because i don't know the system in america.... hah, helpful. But basically, in year 11 (15-16 year olds) you sit your GCSEs, then you have the choice to leave school or stay on at a college or sixth form (which is what i did) to do your A levels for 2 years - I did A levels in History, English Literature and Media Studies, for example - the grades and subjects that you get for your A levels (usually) determines which universities you can apply/get into.

does that make any sense ? I'm not sure it does, but i'm okay with it :shock:

Yeah, that makes sense.

I think the main thing that really makes the biggest difference is that y'all have college and university and thats the big confusing thing for those in the US.

:lol:

what, you mean that isn't the technical term for it ? :shock:

jorgi, you better be making a detour into alberta

i shall detour wherever my heart and my money shall take me... in this case, calgary for funsies ! if you get me a free flight to montreal afterwards :wub: