The Confession Thread - Part 10

Catie

I am confused then. Maybe this is a different tour that they are on. Uhhhh...here's the quote from one of Josh's blog posts:

"So, as weird as it is to stay behind, I need to take some time off to plan the wedding and everything. Because of that I will not be joining the guys on the pacific rim tour coming up. "

It's really weird that his brother happens to know how to play Paramore well enough to be able to stand in for band member haha. I guess there must be a whole bunch of guys that know Paramore songs inside out backwards in the hope of being able to fill in for a guitarist one day lol

It's really weird that his brother happens to know how to play Paramore well enough to be able to stand in for band member haha. I guess there must be a whole bunch of guys that know Paramore songs inside out backwards in the hope of being able to fill in for a guitarist one day lol

They really aren't the most difficult songs in the world to play lol. Honestly in a week you could be a master of their entire catalogue well enough to tour with them.

Well it depends I guess, all of Taylor's parts you could master in a week. Josh's might take you a little longer, but honestly when I tried to learn paramore songs I could learn the lead part in prob an hour or so. I wouldn't say I was the master of my domain at it, but I could play it fairly well. The only song thats really the least bit difficult is let the flames begin, but once you learn it its actually really fun.

Well I agree it doesn't take long at all to "learn" the songs.

But I usually spend weeks and weeks constantly refining the little details and getting the timing dead on after I've learnt the songs as such, which is the difference between an okay performance and a really good one.

I played all the down tuned songs on my 7 string guitars as well, so I had to figure out how to play stuff that was in drop C# on my 7 string that is tuned E standard, but just with a lower B string on the bottom

I never bothered learning Stairway to Heaven, I'm sick of hearing it lol.

It's weird, before I listened to Paramore the lightest music I played on guitar was probably Iron Maiden lol, and I mainly played thrash metal and groove metal.

Playing Paramore strangely enough exposed weaknesses in some areas of my playing.

Of course it didn't take long to get used to it all, but you'd think if you can play metal, you can play rock too, but it doesn't always work that way lol