The Confession Thread - Part 10

Catie

Really?

What programs?

Well, this semester I'm doing a lot with network interfaces, and our TCP/IP monitoring software only works in linux or windows. And all of our operating system and networking projects are made in C/C++ which is a windows only language. Computer engineering majors also have access to Unix and Linux labs for that kind of stuff, a lot of our other networking shit has to be made in linux. Except for our Java programming classes there's really nothing that works on mac, its a pretty mac unfriendly major.

Well, this semester I'm doing a lot with network interfaces, and our TCP/IP monitoring software only works in linux or windows. And all of our operating system and networking projects are made in C/C++ which is a windows only language. Computer engineering majors also have access to Unix and Linux labs for that kind of stuff, a lot of our other networking shit has to be made in linux. Except for our Java programming classes there's really nothing that works on mac, its a pretty mac unfriendly major.

because macs are for children who don't know how to use a computer properly

:lol:

Yeah thats why I don't like them.

I love the power of like a G5, but people buy iMacs thinking they can do the same thing on an iMac as a G5 but they can't, and they're just left with a very overpriced computer that they can never upgrade.

well that's because they're paying for looks and the name and not power or functionality

i haven't upgraded my computer in over three years and it still runs like new