Cartel

simpson

hey guys! i saw cartel twice this weekend & their shows are soo much fun. i'm going to post the videos here in case anyone wants to watch!! if you get a chance to see this band live...seriously GO.

From 12.02.05 Charleston, SC

Burn This City

Luckie St.

Runaway

Honestly

From 12.04.05 Columbia, SC

The Ransom

I have a few more from the Columbia show that I'll add once I get them working.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
i saw them live but the singer was talking about san diego's bad weather and he kept on using some sort of humidifier or some shit like that. but yeah i like them a lot. thanks for sharing your videos.

he was sick during that show. my friend went to it and said pretty much every band had someone sick. so dont be so mad. look on the brightside they are on mtv now. and have a bunch of stuff overe at mtv.com/overdrive.

Oh, Cartel. I really, really, REALLY want their album. Like...REALLY. Next time I go CD shopping, I'm getting it. :]

Edit: UGH, the record store dude is shitting me. He said it wasn't out yet and I don't wanna mess with the record store guy because he's the all-powerful force that rings up my CD's. Minus the all-powerful part. He lost that part when he said the CD wasn't out...you know what, that wasn't the normal record store guy...

Well, I'll walk in on the thirteenth and go "I'm buying this CD and there's NOTHING you can do about it, new record store guy. D<"

Come to think of it, how do you pronounce "D<"?

I got ittttt! I had to buy it over iTunes 'cause I was so desperate for it. Did that before, with Palm Trees and Power Lines by Sugarcult and regretted it immediately because my iPod soon after died. We got it replaced for free because it was spontaneous and LAME, and I got the legitimate copy. So, after learning my lesson there, I went out and did it again! But I'm still getting the legitimate, just on the freakin' thirteenth when they'll actually give it to me. God, that pisses me off. D<

Anyways, this isn't the time for Sugarcult and PT+PL and crappy iPods, it's the time for Cartel.

My favorites are probably Runaway and Luckie St., but that's a really, really hard decision. I like them all! Just Runaway and Luckie St. are even better than the rest.

Honestly is really cool, too.

And If I Fail.

And I love the piano in Save Us.

And The Minstrel's Prayer is so cheesy, but it makes me smile.

I could be here all day until I name every song off the CD.

But I won't.

has anyone noticed that the singer looks just like aaron carter? well, thats what i was thinking when i saw them live. but they're a really good for a pop/punk band b/c i usually can't stand pop/punk. i was really suprised when i saw them on mtv...i think they're gonna be big.

yeah i def. think he looks like aaron carter, too. The first time I saw him I was like WHOA!

O_O I never paid attention to the members, just the music. That's pretty scary, there. xD

I've been thinking of ordering The Ransom EP through the record store, but they're being retarded. First they gave me the wrong release date for Chroma (June Thirteenth, 2006? I dun' think so! (well it is the date of the rerelease, but...I expect better of Soundwaves.)), said they'd have it that day, and it wasn't even in their catalogue, as far as I could see. ._.

Whatever. They don't want to sell me the CD, fine, I'll take my business elsewhere, like Target, they're supposed to be carrying it.

As for the EP, I'll probably have to resort to...*sigh*...iTunes. Without legitimization.

Wait, what songs are on the EP? I know I looked it up, but I forgot.