Straylight Run

thorned_lilac_182

I love them. Neither John or Michelle have the best voices in the world, but they write absolutely lovely songs.

I've seen them twice live and both times, I thought they were pretty damn good. They weren't a good match for the bill with Paramore/PWT and Simple Plan though...they just aren't the right style of music...

i love all their songs' date=' ive seen them live and they blew me away..

they are a great band and i agree that neither of them have the best voices but they are great musicians.. favorite song is prolly another word for desperate or costello..[/quote']

Yeah, I saw them live before I had ever heard any of their music (opening for, oddly enough, Rooney a couple of years ago) and I was absolutely blown away by that show. That's what got me into the band in the first place...

And I talked to Will for awhile and Michelle for a few minutes at the Simple Plan show and they are just the nicest people you'll ever meet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest haunted_dreams55

I'm bring this thread back to life!!

It is said that they will release their cd on June 19th. According to the maing page, they are signed to Republic Records. They're not listed on the Republic or Universal sites yet though.

They have a new video for the song Buttoned Down from their new cd.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest haunted_dreams55

Straylight Run is going on tour with Sparta and special guest is Lovedrug. I hope I can go, I love all those bands.

link for presale tickets - http://straylightrun.ducatking.com

May 28: Tempe, AZ @ The Clubhouse

May 30: San Diego, CA @ SOMA

May 31: Los Angeles, CA @ House of Blues

June 1: San Luis Obispo, CA @ Downtown Brew

June 2: San Francisco, CA @ Slims - Presale through http://www.virtuous.com

June 3: Reno, NV @ The New Oasis

June 5: Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theater

June 6: Seattle, WA @ Neumos

June 8: South Ogden, UT @ Country Club Theatre

June 9: Denver, CO @ Marquis Theater

June 10: Lawrence, KS @ Granada Theatre

June 12: St. Paul, MN @ Station 4

June 13: Madison, WI @ Barrymore Theatre

June 14: Chicago, IL @ Metro

June 15: Detroit, MI @ St Andrew's Hall

June 17: Grand Rapids, MI @ The Intersection

June 18: Louisville, KY @ Headliner..'d5s Music Hall

June 19: Toledo, OH @ Headliners

June 21: Providence, RI @ Living Room

June 22: New York, NY @ Irving Plaza

June 23: Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre of Living Arts

June 24: Washington, DC @ Black Cat

June 25: Norfolk, VA @ NorVa

• 2 months later...
Guest haunted_dreams55

I got their new album on Tuesday. It is simply amazing, I love every single song. I would say its a lot different then their first cd. They have 2 enhanced videos that they did themselves. One is for the track Buttoned Down and the other is for the track How Do I Fix My Head. Here is a list where you can get the different bouns tracks:

extra tracks from:

best buy offer (2 songs)

newberry comics offer (3 songs)

itunes (5 songs)

If you want all the songs but don't want to buy all of them here is what their streetteam is doing, I think you have to join,but I'm not sure. This was said on Straylight Run's message board:

We're doing a thing on the street team where if you can prove you bought the CD, someone who has them will send you the bonus tracks. It's just not viable for everyone to buy all the versions of the CD from everywhere to have them all.

• 2 months later...

jfoijeoi I saw them on the simple plan tour in 2005 and I hatedddd them.

but then I really started to appreciate them this year. they did an in-store performance here in june and I met them. there weren't many people there, it was awesome.

saw them at warped tour and they were amazing. hands in the sky is such a great live song.

I love them. Neither John or Michelle have the best voices in the world, but they write absolutely lovely songs.

I've seen them twice live and both times, I thought they were pretty damn good. They weren't a good match for the bill with Paramore/PWT and Simple Plan though...they just aren't the right style of music...

yea. it was odd seeing them there. idk. i just didnt really like there set wen i was expecting more pop punkish music (and this was wen i liked SP. ah now well i cant stand them)

speaking of that show.

THATS WEN I FIRST HEARD OF PARAMORE AND BECAME IN LUV WITH THEM!

okkk

done

• 1 month later...