AM I the only one that gets irritated...

buzzyrecky

yeah but it happens. im over getting mad at it. so used to it now im just like whatever about it.

but im pretty sure we've talked about this before i think theres a thread somewhere for it. gotta find it

For some reason people seem to really hate on Paramore. I don't get it. I don't think Twilight helped - although it helped the band with getting themselves out there even more the film was so shocking it just gave people the ammunition to shoot them down.

A few of my friends are Paramore haters, but most people say things for a reaction and, maybe, because they've come so far people don't like it. But idk, it's really quite childish but I don't get mad over it anymore, I leave them to their comments (Y).

There will always be people who have irrational hate for something they don't like.

I have no idea how anyone could hate Paramore, though obviously, and unfortunately, there are people that do. What I also have no idea about is how anyone could channel so much time and energy into actively hating a band. It's not like a game where you're expected and encouraged to razz the opposing team and their fans. It's music. If you don't like it, listen to something else.

Exactly my point. If you don't like something you ignore it, you don't pay attention to it. You don't go out of your way to slate it at every opportunity, do you? And usually the reasons are not real reasons - that's what aggravates me, the fact that they can't even come up with an actual reason for not liking something. Tools.

I find that most people who have an irrational hatred of a band have never even listened to them and just need something to hate (or they have listened to them and are too embarrassed to admit it). If I don't like a band or a song, I sure don't waste my time worrying about them. They do their thing, and I'll do mine.

As for people comparing other female-fronted bands to Paramore, I'd say that's a compliment. Kind of like when Paramore was new and people were comparing them to No Doubt, who is an amazing band. I guess it can get annoying because every band is different and has their own identity, but it could be worse. Would you rather have people comparing them to Paramore or Hilary Duff and her backing band? :P

Yeah, but Hilary Duff didn't write it, lol. I definitely appreciate "Come Clean" as a song.

EDIT: Why do I feel like this isn't the first time we've talked about Hilary Duff, Ross? haha

it's probably not the first time haha, I seem to have a habit of talking about those "Disney" acts quite a lot haha