Sign in to follow this  
ParentAtTheDisco

Paper Aeroplanes

I don't know if we'll ever get them here in the US, but I really like the West Wales duo Paper Aeroplanes.  The singer Sarah Howells has an amazing lyrical voice, and the songs are just enchanging.  A couple of songs off their most recent album:

Red Rover: 

http://youtu.be/bArFOaRYtCQ

Singing To Elvis: 

And from their previous album...

The Days We Made: 

(I was surpised not to find any recommendations about them already here, since I think someone from the PFC originally turned me onto them.)

• Like 1

I love them, though I'm only aware of "The Day We Ran Into The Sea" :) I've had twitter conversations with Sarah Howells before. She seems like a lovely lady. I need to add "Little Letters" to my album collection. 

Seeing this just made my day. The indie label I used to work at, OK! Good Records, released their album The Day We Ran Into The Sea here a few years ago! I really wish we could've done more for them because the four of us working there loved them!

I don't work at the label anymore, and I don't think Paper Aeroplanes works with them either (the label's loss, really), but I still keep up with their music. Sarah and Rich are incredibly nice people, and their music is beautiful. :)

I think they've played a grand total of three shows in the US - back in November of 2010. Two in New York and one in New Jersey at Mexicali Live, that I went to. If they came back, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

This ones my favorite...

• Like 1

I showed this to Sarah on Facebook and she said "whoohoo! :) x" 

Seeing this just made my day. The indie label I used to work at, OK! Good Records, released their album The Day We Ran Into The Sea here a few years ago! I really wish we could've done more for them because the four of us working there loved them!

I don't work at the label anymore, and I don't think Paper Aeroplanes works with them either (the label's loss, really), but I still keep up with their music. Sarah and Rich are incredibly nice people, and their music is beautiful. :)

I think they've played a grand total of three shows in the US - back in November of 2010. Two in New York and one in New Jersey at Mexicali Live, that I went to. If they came back, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

This ones my favorite...

That's cool. :) It's great to hear that one of your favourite bands are lovely people too. Did you manage to keep in contact with them? :)