There live shows recently

Dont get me wrong I really dig Paramore alot, but I think the shows are alot more powerful and have this awesome feeling to them when they leave out all these little intro things with keyboards and all that new stuff they seem to be doing lately. I dont know about everyone else but to me seeing a band just come up and play a really powerful 30 minute set without any fancy things going on or hyping things up makes it feel more like when the band was first starting out and theres that awe factor. It feels more like the first time you see a band and your just amazed, but adding all these little extra things takes away from that and there not the only band that does it but thats just my opinion.

Dont get me wrong I really dig Paramore alot, but I think the shows are alot more powerful and have this awesome feeling to them when they leave out all these little intro things with keyboards and all that new stuff they seem to be doing lately. I dont know about everyone else but to me seeing a band just come up and play a really powerful 30 minute set without any fancy things going on or hyping things up makes it feel more like when the band was first starting out and theres that awe factor. It feels more like the first time you see a band and your just amazed, but adding all these little extra things takes away from that and there not the only band that does it but thats just my opinion.

Haven't seen the new show yet, so I can't really comment on it directly, but based on the comments from people who have seen it, it seems folks feel that this show is the best they've ever seen Paramore play.

Personally, I like to see bands grow and mature onstage and I think what we're getting from Paramore on this tour is that...

This is just my opinion...

I love the new stuff they're doing. They've changed (gotten better) every single time I've seen them and I love all the little changes and additions... like singing something a little different and adding little things because that way, the show is different every time. They don't have any new songs, so this is how they keep it interesting I think. If they just played the CD straight through each time I saw them, it wouldn't be as jaw dropping for me. But I'm also so biased... like I've never been disappointed by anything they've said or done... ever (which is crazy).

And they were definitely very impressive this tour... not that they weren't before.

Its hard to explain the feeling you get during the new performance, but its much deeper, and more emotional....

and its just so much better than, for example, when I saw them at warped tour. I mean, that was a great show and it was alot of fun, but it didn't have the same kind of seamlessness to it as they have now. with linking songs together with piano intros and everything. Its almost like now instead of just playing a bunch of songs, they put them all together into a single entity. Its honestly the most incredible thing ive ever seen.

Dont get me wrong I really dig Paramore alot' date=' but I think the shows are alot more powerful and have this awesome feeling to them when they leave out all these little intro things with keyboards and all that new stuff they seem to be doing lately. I dont know about everyone else but to me seeing a band just come up and play a really powerful 30 minute set without any fancy things going on or hyping things up makes it feel more like when the band was first starting out and theres that awe factor. It feels more like the first time you see a band and your just amazed, but adding all these little extra things takes away from that and there not the only band that does it but thats just my opinion.[/quote']

Haven't seen the new show yet, so I can't really comment on it directly, but based on the comments from people who have seen it, it seems folks feel that this show is the best they've ever seen Paramore play.

Personally, I like to see bands grow and mature onstage and I think what we're getting from Paramore on this tour is that...

I dont consider that maturing onstage I just consider it conforming. It seems to be what everyband does. Why is that? As bands get bigger they feel the need to do all sorts of weird things at the show and at times I almost end up liking the opening bands more who are putting on an amazing show and putting it all out there straight up. I have a good example, Thrice.

Thrice was a band I have been following since there beginning, I watched them go from nothing to where they are now and have been to countless shows. I remember when they were opening and now they are headlining. One show stands out when they were opening for some other band, no one knew who they were and they just put on the most amazing show Ive ever seen. Now they come out in a huge stage with cordless gear, fancy banners and light effects, its just not the same for me. Maybe that impresses other people but it takes away from the show for me instead of adding anything.

I know what you mean... I'm not really impressed by all that fancy stuff either.

When I went, it just didn't feel like they were overdoing it to me... ahhh I don't really know how to describe it. I can see where you're coming from though.

Other than Hayley coming out with the lantern and their outfits they dont really have any unnecessary stuff going on during the show. The piano and everything just adds to their songs and makes it new and interesting to watch. Plus it just sounds amazing.

After the intro their show is still pretty similar to how it always has been except for the piano and acoustic additions. I think the only reason they never did this in the past is because they didnt have enough time in their set.

Dont get me wrong I really dig Paramore alot' date=' but I think the shows are alot more powerful and have this awesome feeling to them when they leave out all these little intro things with keyboards and all that new stuff they seem to be doing lately. I dont know about everyone else but to me seeing a band just come up and play a really powerful 30 minute set without any fancy things going on or hyping things up makes it feel more like when the band was first starting out and theres that awe factor. It feels more like the first time you see a band and your just amazed, but adding all these little extra things takes away from that and there not the only band that does it but thats just my opinion.[/quote']

I completely agree.

I love that their live shows are maturing, that they're changing their set, and adding stuff like the piano, and even little stuff like the lantern.

The piano sounds awesome, and so does everything else. I truly can't wait for my show.

• 3 weeks later...
I completely agree.

I love that their live shows are maturing, that they're changing their set, and adding stuff like the piano, and even little stuff like the lantern.

The piano sounds awesome, and so does everything else. I truly can't wait for my show.

I know but just watch this older video of them and when you compare this too how there playin there shows now I just love this clip, feels so much more intimate, without all the costumes and weird stuff.

I know but just watch this older video of them and when you compare this too how there playin there shows now I just love this clip, feels so much more intimate, without all the costumes and weird stuff.

I think it's just what kind of shows you prefer.

I've been to a lot of big concerts, where the production is 3/4 of the show. So I think any concert Paramore does will still have that intimate vibe, because I've seen a lot of concerts where the artist isn't as involved with the crowd, as much they are with making the show a big production. Paramore is still all about the music and fans, just a little added stuff.

I prefer smaller shows, but I think that adding little effects to add to the concert is really cool, and I don't think it really takes away from the intimacy.

I dont see the difference you are trying to point out here... they still interact with the crowd just as much now as they always have. A change in what they wear on stage has no relevance to the intimacy of the show, its just them maturing and wanting to look more presentable.

The only real difference I've noticed is that now it's like they've actually had time to rehearse and fully prepare a presentation to fill an hour long set. and theyve done a wonderful job.

sorry if it seems like im being an ass, it wasnt intended like that. just my point of view.

I dont see the difference you are trying to point out here... they still interact with the crowd just as much now as they always have. A change in what they wear on stage has no relevance to the intimacy of the show, its just them maturing and wanting to look more presentable.

The only real difference I've noticed is that now it's like they've actually had time to rehearse and fully prepare a presentation to fill an hour long set. and theyve done a wonderful job.

sorry if it seems like im being an ass, it wasnt intended like that. just my point of view.

I totally agree.

I don't understand how you can call what they wear on stage a costume...

Nicer clothes = costumes?