Portland 8/31

Lullaby of Sirens

lol. Damn those guys in HTL, they were also provoking all the crowd surfers at shows we went to. Seriously at every venue the crowd was way too rough for a Paramore show, and I think its mostly due to htl fans and maybe some of the hardcore Cute fanatics. Its' pretty ridiculous. :D

yeah, i noticed that at the philly show. when HTL came on, EVERYONE pushed. and i was against the barricade, so i went absolutely nowhere. i remember when i got home, i had marks from the barricade on my skin lol. but yeah, there were even security guards infront of the barricade.

anyway, glad the show was awesome. and awww, josh playing rock paper scissors! hahah cute :)

well I was at the show and I have some comments about what I have seen typed so far.

The show was NOT OVERSOLD.... There are two sections to this venue (my favorite by far by the way) Usually the front is sectioned off for those under 21 and the back part is the bar..but tonight it was ALL AGES for both parts of the room. People didnt care apparently because there were about 400 people crammed into a 250 person part of the room. I just sat right behind the bar in the back part of the room and stood up in my chair and screamed the lyrics to HTL and Paramore....I felt safer...

Also, HTL fans are insane because HTL puts on an INSANELY amazing show. SO much energy...I've never seen a lead singer jump off the stage probably about 10 feet out into the crowd....SOOO AWESOME!

Also, I dont get how you guys can say that the crowd is too rough for a Paramore show when Paramore's ending of My Heart that night was MUCH harder than anything the other three bands played!

It was a great show. This Providence played 7 songs, HTL played 8, Cute played 7 (3 acoustic), and Paramore played 9.........

My Heart gets better everytime I see them....Josh screaming BLOOD RED during the outro is just AWESOME!

I thought it looked like the crowd was having a lot of fun...which is kind of rare at shows cuz usually most people are pricks.

As for the guy going to kiss Hayley...yeah he was an idiot, but I dont think she seemed that angry..she played it off well and did a great job about it.

And yeah I was upset about the crowd surfer hitting the keyboard too.

I've also NEVER seen crowd surfing at that venue before (and I go to a ton of shows) and the stage diving is something I've never seen anywhere haha

It was a great show...I think Cute needs to improve, but maybe it was because there drummer was missing...

anyways thats my thoughts on the show! I'm off to go see Yellowcard!

Also, HTL fans are insane because HTL puts on an INSANELY amazing show. SO much energy...I've never seen a lead singer jump off the stage probably about 10 feet out into the crowd....SOOO AWESOME!

Also, I dont get how you guys can say that the crowd is too rough for a Paramore show when Paramore's ending of My Heart that night was MUCH harder than anything the other three bands played!

When I said the crowd was too rough for paramore, I was referring to the shows in Detroit and Cleveland mostly. I wasnt even at the one in Portland, so I wouldnt know.

But Hit the lights does put on an amazing show, I was really impressed with how good they sound live. I dont blame the crowd for going crazy at all.

I was just surprised at the amount of crowd surfing and moshing that went on during paramore's set. It seemed a bit much for the type of music they play... excluding the parts where josh is screaming in my heart, most of their songs are pretty light sounding in my opinion.

I'm not trying to start an arguement about it or anything. I just think that crowd surfing makes a show alot less enjoyable for everyone.

I really dont like being kicked in the head though when I go to shows though...

yep. I suppose if I was shorter it wouldn't be so bad. I dont mind the moshing, consistent pushing, or anything else really, its just the crowd surfers. I just dont like having to keep looking behind me to be ready to catch everyone before they land on my head and knock me unconscious.

I was really lucky that I didnt get trampled at st andrews after being blacked out on the floor for several seconds when I got hit. And i have a permanent scar inside my lip from where I bit through it. I never would've thought that of all the shows I've been to, I would get hurt the worst at a Paramore concert..... :)

yep. I suppose if I was shorter it wouldn't be so bad. I dont mind the moshing, consistent pushing, or anything else really, its just the crowd surfers. I just dont like having to keep looking behind me to be ready to catch everyone before they land on my head and knock me unconscious.

I was really lucky that I didnt get trampled at st andrews after being blacked out on the floor for several seconds when I got hit. And i have a permanent scar inside my lip from where I bit through it. I never would've thought that of all the shows I've been to, I would get hurt the worst at a Paramore concert..... :)

I agree with you on crowd surfers - at 6'3", I'm constantly getting kicked in the head...and since I wear glasses, I can't tell you how many times I've had to grab them up off the floor and bend them back into shape...

I don't mind the moshing or pushing or anything else either - in fact, I think it's kind of part of the fun...but crowd surfing is just annoying...