Portland 8/31

Lullaby of Sirens

So it was basically an amazing show. Hayley got kind of angry though when a kid ran on stage and tried to kiss her. Anybody know what she said right before the last song? Not the encore though. She told the crowd not to have sad faces or anything. And why the hell did they play such a short set? CIWWAF had basically the same size set.

Wow - I understand her anger about the kid running onsatge, what a loser...

And maybe they did such a short set cos of Hayleys voice - its still kinda heeling and this was the first or second show since it happened...thats what i would have though

And cool, I would love to see your pic! =]]

So it was basically an amazing show. Hayley got kind of angry though when a kid ran on stage and tried to kiss her. Anybody know what she said right before the last song? Not the encore though. She told the crowd not to have sad faces or anything. And why the hell did they play such a short set? CIWWAF had basically the same size set.

Umm, yeah, I'd imagine she would get kind of angry at someone running onstage and trying to kiss her. That's just completely rude and obnoxious. I mean, good grief - show some respect.

As for the short set (since I haven't seen a setlist, I'm assuming it's the 9 song set they've been playing), it looks like they're still not playing "Brighter" or "Hallelujah" in order to save Hayley's voice from any additional strain...which makes a lot of sense...they've got A LOT of shows over the next month and a half and they need to be careful that she stays in good shape and healthy...if those are the hardest songs for her to sing (and I'm guessing, from the notes she hits in them that they are), they should leave them out. And this is coming from someone who wants to hear Hallelujah live more than anything in the world...but Hayley's health is still WAY more important...

Umm, yeah, I'd imagine she would get kind of angry at someone running onstage and trying to kiss her. That's just completely rude and obnoxious. I mean, good grief - show some respect.

As for the short set (since I haven't seen a setlist, I'm assuming it's the 9 song set they've been playing), it looks like they're still not playing "Brighter" or "Hallelujah" in order to save Hayley's voice from any additional strain...which makes a lot of sense...they've got A LOT of shows over the next month and a half and they need to be careful that she stays in good shape and healthy...if those are the hardest songs for her to sing (and I'm guessing, from the notes she hits in them that they are), they should leave them out. And this is coming from someone who wants to hear Hallelujah live more than anything in the world...but Hayley's health is still WAY more important...

^They also haven't been playing My Hero. Even without those songs its a decent length set though...

And wow... if I were one of the guys on stage I would've punched that kid in the face. Thats just scary.

I was right up front and that guy pissed me off, Hayley was like "We're here to sing not to makeout allright". These guys kept tossling her hair too which I thought was too much. I just want to say to them, would you do that to a regular person you don't know because famous or not you don't need strangers touching you. Anyway Did you see the crowdsurfer who practically kicked over the keyboard, those kids pissed me off. Other than that it was an awesome show. Cute fans were a bit crazy but it was worth it. I got to talk to Paramore a lot at the meet and greet. Hayley remembered me from last time which was cool since we didn't actually meet but I was up front and like the only one singing, we chatted for awhile and Jeremy complimented me on my outfit several times. My friend ate the rest of his sandwich and then played rock paper scissors with Josh because he was being shy. It was cute because I said I wanted a picture of all of them so one of the guys said Paramore Unite, and Hayley was like yeah do the call. Anyway it was kinda cute. I took a ton of pictures of them by themselves and with me and my friends which I'll post later, they're uploading right now. I got some good pictures of Cute but I got shoved around too much during TP and HTL to get any good ones of them. I think I got some good Paramore pictures but I don't know if any of the Josh ones came out. I also have to say the merch girl, I can't remember her name right now and I feel really bad about it, is so sweet. Two of my friends were across the street at the store when we went to the m&g and wouldn't have gotten into the show since I went in with the paper with all of our tickets but she went out and waited and got them. At first she said they couldn't get in but then later she went and got them right before she got the band. Lets see, I think that's it... umm... oh yeah I saw Jeremey and Zac before the show but I was on the other side of the street going to the store and when I came back Zac was gone. So I waved to Jeremy and said hi and he did this fingerwave thing and my friend told me I was a dork. So yeah it was fun.

^Good grief...it was rude crowd night in Portland from the sounds of it...I guess there wasn't any sort of barricade between the stage and the crowd? The barricades can be frustrating if you're a normal fan not there to harrass the band, but they definitely prevent that sort of awful stuff from happening...

He was in the front row, and he hopped on stage and tried to kiss her, then jumped off. The crowd wasn't exactly "rude," but they did some stupid ass shit. Especially the kid who almost knocked over Halyleys keyboard. And I have to say, I hate people that don't stop pushing forward when you're in the front row.

the reason so many kids were pushing forward was because the room was basically overflowing. i was standing in back on one of the benches and could see basically everything but people were squishing in as much as they possibly could from the hall because they HAD to have oversold tickets. so its not really the kids fault for pushing forward. it's because there were about 700 or more kids trying to filter in a room about 100x50 feet. when the max capacity is 600. there were people passing out all over the place.

the reason so many kids were pushing forward was because the room was basically overflowing. i was standing in back on one of the benches and could see basically everything but people were squishing in as much as they possibly could from the hall because they HAD to have oversold tickets. so its not really the kids fault for pushing forward. it's because there were about 700 or more kids trying to filter in a room about 100x50 feet. when the max capacity is 600. there were people passing out all over the place.

Aww i hate when that happens. Sounds like a similar problem to what happened in Detroit when I almost died. :D

Aww i hate when that happens. Sounds like a similar problem to what happened in Detroit when I almost died. :D

Yikes. It was crazy squished at Connecticut, too, but I left the crowd && stood in the back after they all started pushing forward. I could barely breathe, and I got hit in the head by the lead singer of Hit The Lights.

Yikes. It was crazy squished at Connecticut, too, but I left the crowd && stood in the back after they all started pushing forward. I could barely breathe, and I got hit in the head by the lead singer of Hit The Lights.

lol. Damn those guys in HTL, they were also provoking all the crowd surfers at shows we went to. Seriously at every venue the crowd was way too rough for a Paramore show, and I think its mostly due to htl fans and maybe some of the hardcore Cute fanatics. Its' pretty ridiculous. :D