enter shikari

WayneFarro

They were practically born at Club 85 which is a music venue in my town.

NAMEDROP.

;)

They're basically rip off of H.O.R.S.E. the band. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, as they're still good and they've done well for themselves.

They are very arrogant about it, though...

i love horse the band!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
anyone heard of a band called enter shikari?

i love them so much, it's trance music mixed with emo music

there's amazing, especially the songs 'sorry you're not a winner' and 'anything can happen in the next half hour'

www.myspace.com/entershikari

Sorry You're Not a Winner is my FAVORITE by them! :D

The beginning is sooo sick!

They're a local band to me. They come from St. Albans, which is like 11 miles away from me. They played at my local venue so many times.

Then they got big and turned into larger dickheads than they even were, and made shitter music.

They put on a reet good show, though.

And i'm not saying they're terrible now, they just used to be so much better.

They're a local band to me. They come from St. Albans, which is like 11 miles away from me. They played at my local venue so many times.

Then they got big and turned into larger dickheads than they even were, and made shitter music.

They put on a reet good show, though.

And i'm not saying they're terrible now, they just used to be so much better.

how were they dickheads?

yeah i was kinda disappointed when i seen them live cos they weren't as good live as people had been saying.

still they're one of my fav bands, but i haven't listened to them for a while. still new album is coming out later this year so i'm looking forward to that.

woah, never noticed there was a shikari thread before.

ive seen them live twice - march and october '07.

they were epic in october :willy_nilly: i met them that night and they were all dead sound.

they were good the first time too, but i wasnt as into them as much then.

im not to sure what to think of their new direction tbf - apparantly for their second album theyre stripping things down a bit. less synths, more guitar parts.

sorry, but to me im not sure if that'll be enter shikari.

woah, never noticed there was a shikari thread before.

ive seen them live twice - march and october '07.

they were epic in october :willy_nilly: i met them that night and they were all dead sound.

they were good the first time too, but i wasnt as into them as much then.

im not to sure what to think of their new direction tbf - apparantly for their second album theyre stripping things down a bit. less synths, more guitar parts.

sorry, but to me im not sure if that'll be enter shikari.

hmm, tbh, their album got old pretty quickly, some songs would have benefitted with less synth. i think as long as there is still an electronic element, but with even MORE guitar. it'll be great

• 3 weeks later...
^I agree, i'm pretty sure it can only get better.

...It could go horribly, horribly wrong, but i'm pretty sure it can only get better ;-)

haha, thats my gut feelings about it in a nutshell!

but i think if they fiddle with songs sounding along the lines of 'adieu' for their new sound, their new album could be cracking.

i agree with you, metalparafan - take to the skies is a fun album, but little more than that. im a big fan of the band live but im never greatly enthused to listen to them otherwise.

i didnt think they came across at all arrogant when i met them (chris in particular was a total darling), but tbf ive heard they can get cocky. i doubt they would have got thus far without that attitude from time to time either, hosting the kind of sound that they do.

they took a risk of putting an insane sound out there, with no record label backing it. but somehow, it all worked.

yeah, i think if theyre gonna go all techno, i think they should take it a step further like "the prodigy" or "pendulum". or at least some songs like that, to mix it up. throw in some post hardcore riffage with less synth + some existing sounds on others and i think we'd have a cool experimental and fresh album, with different sounding songs

yeah, i step further in that direction could work just as well as the watering-down approach.

theyve messed with prodigy stuff live before, have they not? im sure they did, and im sure it sounded good.

haha, you need to listen to pendulum, they are weird!! its like full on rave but you can hear a guitar and drums playing some of it:willy_nilly:

WOAHMYGOSH!

Fave band of all time :D

Seen them twice, in March then in October, both times with Babs.

Met them in October and they were lovely.

Tour dates being released soon, I tried asking Chris on MSN but he wouldnt give me the dates haha.

Yep, they're working on a new album, should be released late summer/autumn time. I've heard that they were using less synth but Rou confirmed they're just experimenting with everything.

God, I can't wait. Love them soooooo much :mrgreen:

you took your time finding this thead.

:P

chris wouldnt tell you?! urgh, i thought he was our friend :(

(&lmfao. just realised you have 'the glessert' in the profile. imagine if you actually talked like that... :uhh:)

I was on it last night I just never posted n00b.

Aye anno! I though he'd maybe give something away but I don't think he'd be allowed to.

Mmhmm, The Glessert...

DATES SOON! Ah fun :hyper:

shame on him, shunning you after everything we've done for him.

lol yeah right.

haha, you need to listen to pendulum, they are weird!! its like full on rave but you can hear a guitar and drums playing some of it:willy_nilly:

aah im into pendulum man! slam is just an epic track :willy_nilly:

(that reminds me, kilby, you got any idea if we're gonna go to their gig or what?)