New Paramore Song - Born For This!

Oooh i would hold your criticism a little anyway i mean they did say in the LJ...

'now, here's the thing... you have a semi- early version of the song. it might not be completely mixed and mastered... and there might be oonnnee tiny part missing. but that's what the record's for ;)'

So that may sort it out, i mean if thats a semi-early version i'm not really going to look into it toooo deeply, but i am in love with it at the moment :]

oh true that. I forgot that it wasn't the final version hehe.

okay we'll I'm just gonna talk about it anyways (people who haven't heard the song yet, don't read what I'm about to say lol)

what I thought was a bit disappointing was that she didn't fully show her true potential in singing. like I love brighter and hallelujah because she can really hit those high notes. but in this song, it was all kind of the same.

and secondly, I don't like that music gap between 'we just want' and the chorus. kinda kills the hyped up moment (well for my anyways :P)

and yeah those were just my thoughts. those thoughts will probably change after I hear the finalised album though. :)

Haha - this thread is amazing. You guys rock :)

I changed the title to better reflect what we're all talking about at this point...

First of all, thanks again to Diego and Colin and everyone else who ripped the song...you guys are awesome.

Ok, so someone said Hayley sounded like Avril - really? Are you serious? I like Avril and all, but I've never thought Hayley's voice sounds a bit like hers...and, to be honest, I think Hayley's vocals are far, far better than anything I've heard Avril do...that's not meant as a criticism of Avril - it's just how good Hayley is...

And I have seen a person or two say they don't like this as much as anything on the last album. Personally, I think this is far beyond anything they recorded for the last album - musically (Zac's drums, the song structure, the guitars - incredible), in the vocals (I don't think Hayley's voice has EVER sounded better)...I love the lyrics to this song - so inspiring, so uplifting. It's brilliant. And it's only one song...there's a whole ALBUM coming :) :)

oh jeez. i missed that avril thing. maaan, she sounds nothing like avril, avril sounds nothing like her. i don't see where anyone could get that idea from really.

:D:D:D this song btw. can't stop listening to it. how good will it be live? ahhh!

Ok, so someone said Hayley sounded like Avril - really? Are you serious? I like Avril and all, but I've never thought Hayley's voice sounds a bit like hers...and, to be honest, I think Hayley's vocals are far, far better than anything I've heard Avril do...that's not meant as a criticism of Avril - it's just how good Hayley is...

i said that haha.. idk just this song, at first, reminds me to avril's style.. i know, she doesn't sounds like avril..her voice is 1298238570745 times better than avril's voice (well, for me).

:???:

i said that haha.. idk just this song, at first, reminds me to avril's style.. i know, she doesn't sounds like avril..her voice is 1298238570745 times better than avril's voice (well, for me).

:???:

Well, you're definitely entitled to your opinion, but idk...I still don't hear it :) It is a really upbeat, uptempo song...that's the only comparison I can make to some of Avril's stuff...

But hey, that's cool - we can all have our own opinions, as long as we keep things positive :) We'll never let this place turn into ap.net in terms of negativity, but discussing the song and everyone's opinion is definitely ok...

Of course, considering the love they're currently getting at ap.net...wow. This song really is phenomenal.

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=226306

I like the positive feedback that the song is getting. It sure is different from their old stuff, a good different, a band in my opinion cant stay stuck in the same place just because their previous work was good. Paramore seems to be moving...

After listening to this iam way more excited about RIOT than before.