Playradioplay!

stephler

I'm so surprised there isn't a thread on him yet. Anyways, the EP comes out on APRIL 24th and is absolutely AMAZING! He'll be on Warped tour June 29th-July 15th. He's also going to be on the BEST spring tour with Under the Influence of Giants and YOUNG LOVE (May 7th-24th) so you all need to get your booties to that show if it comes near you. It will be the biggest dance party GUARANTEED.

If you haven't heard any of his jams yet, check out his myspace and purevolume.

http://www.myspace.com/playradioplay

http://www.purevolume.com/playradioplay

Oh and if you want to hear the new version of "Even Fairy Tale Characters Would Be Jealous" then click on this link

http://www4.islanddefjam.com/media/streetteam_player/mp3_player.html

it should be the third song.

If you want more PRP info, check out Dan's bio, he's pretty flipping awesome if you ask me.

From making beats in his bedroom, to hitting one million plays on MySpace and opening for Fall Out Boy all in the space of a single year, it’s safe to say Texan teenager and poptronica genius PlayRadioPlay (Dan Hunter ) has truly arrived.

“I’m a nerd,” Hunter modestly shrugs. “I’m just a boredom nerd. Boredom is the reason I make music and nerdyness is the reason I make electronic music.”

Often compared to Postal Service, PlayRadioPlay’s songs are like the soundtrack to your dreams. On the surface they’re like cupcakes - sweet, cute and bursting with happiness. But if you listen carefully to songs such as “Bound To Get Caught” and “Compliment Each Other Like Colors”, you’ll discover a darker dimension to Dan’s music. It’s this diverse combination of sound and subject that gives his music depth and realness. It’s what makes PlayRadioPlay stand out from everyone else.

“My father passed away the summer before my freshman year of high school. I got into drugs and drinking, and ended up in rehab for four months when I was a 14. Once I got clean, I had a more positive outlook on everything. That’s why PlayRadioPlay is generally happy music with deep, not-as-happy subject lines.”

PlayRadioPlay was officially born in December 2005, when Dan began posting music on MySpace just for fun. “I taught myself how to play guitar, drums and bass and started doing electronic stuff in my music class at school. The first song I ever made was called “Jello”. It sucked but that was the first real PlayRadioPlay song.” That one song, written about missing a phone call, was enough to catch everyone’s attention and spark an online frenzy. As Dan continued to post more songs online, his popularity also continued to grow at an alarming rate and within seven months was generating over 30,000 plays a day. In November 2006 PlayRadioPlay signed to indie label Stolen Transmission and not long after, joined Fall Out Boy on tour with an accompanying live band. It was a far cry from his earliest shows when Dan would balance his laptop on top of an ironing board.

PlayRadioPlay’s debut album will land this winter, produced by Grammy Award winner Garret Lee (U2, Snow Patrol, Bloc Party). But before that, comes the release of The Frequency EP on April 24th, featuring a cover version of The Killers “Mr Brightside”, followed by an appearance at Bamboozle 07’, as well as a stint of Warped Tour dates.

In case you can’t already tell, the future looks more than promising for 17 year-old Dan. So brace yourself and prepare to fall in love with the most anthemic electronic indie-pop songs you’ll hear all year. Endlessly endearing and talented beyond belief, this self-professed long-haired hippy has just begun his journey and he’s here to stay.

If you need even MORE of a Dan fix here's what he's wearing in his music video, pretty jazzy if you ask me.

http://www4.islanddefjam.com/media/streetteam_player/Street%20Team.mov

• 3 weeks later...