What is your favorite song lyric?

lyn

Okay. This is pretty self-explanatory. You post your favorite song lyrics. Any band. Put the band, the song, and the lyric. It doesn't necessarily have to be Paramore. And it can be however many you want to put.

I'll start.

The world's got a funny way of turning 'round on you

When a friend tries to stab you right in the face - False Pretense - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

The verse in my sig, ahhhh i love it soooo much....

'We're Glistening Like Silver Spoons

Beneath The Summer Night

Oh Can You Smell The Subtle Hint Of Frost

As The Flowers Start To Cry

The Autumn Winds Are Bringing Graves

To All The Emerald Trees

They're So Beautiful In Their Dismay

The Colors Slowly Bleed'

Yeah that one haha

Oh it's from Martini Kiss by Senses Fail

Then again i love pretty much all Senses Fail lyrics

Because they all have a story behind them :]

Paramore

"Once a whore, you're nothing more." - Misery Business

"Please speak softly, for they will hear us and they'll find out why we don't trust them" - Conspiracy

"Everybody sing like it's the last song you'll ever sing" - Born For This

"Can you remind me of a time when we were so alive?" - Franklin

"Sing us a song, and we'll sing it back to you. We could sing our own, but what would it be without you? - My Heart

My Chemical Romance

"We'll laugh as we die, and celebrate the end of things with cheap champagne" - Drowning Lessons

"Steel corpses stretch out towards an ending sun, scorched and black

It reaches in and tears your flesh apart,

As ice cold hands rip into your heart.

That's if you've still got one what's left inside that cave you call a chest.

And after seeing what we saw, can we still reclaim our innocence?

And if the world needs something better, let's give them one more reason now." - Skylines and Turnstiles

"When you go, would you have the guts to say, "I don't love you like I loved you yesterday?" - I Don't Love You

"And I just hope you know that if you say goodbye today, I'd ask you to be true, 'cause the hardest part of this is leaving you." - Cancer

"Can you hear me? Are you near me? Can we pretend to leave and then we'll meet again when both our cars collide?" - Helena

Meg and Dia

"Why are some girls so naive? He didn't unbutton your blouse to see a better view of your heart." - Roses

"Stay awake, survive. I've got nineteen stars that I gave your name tonight." - Nineteen Stars

"No one can catch me the way that you catch me, the way that you keep me when I'm out of time." - Nineteen Stars

"You wanted to play this game, I'll play it to. Come here baby, I will show you what this girl can do." - Cardigan Weather

"Let us find perfection and nonsense in all we are. Save defects for later, we're angels for now." - Getaways Turned Holidays

Taking Back Sunday

"I thought it through, and my worst brings out the best in you." - A Decade Under The Influence

"Drop everything, start it all over, remember more than you'd like to forget." - This Photograph Is Proof

"I'm gonna make damn sure that you can't ever leave. No, you won't ever get too far from me." - MakeDamnSure

"Less is more except when it comes to mistakes. How long is long, that depends how long it takes." - Up Against (Blackout)

"And it's all too familiar and it happens all the time.

All the cards begin to stack up, twisting heartache into fine little pieces that avoid an awful crime,

But it's you I can't deny." - My Blue Heaven

Just Surrender

"Make a move if you think that you can make it, but I know, you wont.

I never felt so all alone, but when it was safe I turned my back and the blade came through." - I Can Barely Breathe

"It's a work of art the way this fell apart. Was the design too faded from the start? Or was the artist just too blinded by this? No it's common sense, I lack the confidence, still I'll confess all these things to you." - Our Work of Art

"I look into your eyes and see that your colors changing. I wish that I could change with you. And when you said forever did you mean it to be true?

Or was it another tale from you?" - You Tell A Tale

"I can’t break away from these chains to my heart, the further you push me the closer you are. Maybe I should try to let go, maybe I should try to walk away, there’s nothing left to say." - Is There No Truth In Beauty?

Underoath

"You're a classic disaster with a knack for losing your exterior from staring at the mirror." - Young and Aspiring

"Don't shake, I hate to see you tremble - trembling, you've lost your touch, haven't you?" - A Boy Brushed Red Living In Black and White

"Around this turn where the cross will cast your shadow, the people will all gather to remember such a day where the flames grew as high as trees, and the world stopped for you and me." - It's Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door

"I will now bring new meaning to the word alone. Endless nights of dreaming of life and the days we should have spent here." - It's Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door

"Let's forget all pretense of what they thought we should be, what liars we can be." - Down, Set, Go

"Hey Unfaithful, I will teach you to be stronger. Hey Ungraceful, I will teach you to forgive one another. Hey Unloving, I will love you" - Some Will Seek Forgiveness, Others Escape

"It's funny how we see things so clear when we have no time left to live." - A Moment Suspended In Time

"In a picture perfect scenery, I've become a stick figure illustration." - Casting Such A Thin Shadow

"Oh, my God, I hate the me that I've become, this needy useless forgetting one. Truthfully, I can't be the me that I've washed up to be." - Moving For The Sake Of Motion

"How come you try and fit the shape of what they tell you, but mostly what they show you? That brings us home, I pray for you to move on." - Writing On The Walls

"So hold your head high and know it's not the end of the road.

Walk down this beaten path before you pack your things and head home.

At the end of the road, you'll find what you've been longing for." - To Whom It May Concern

I believe that just about covers it for today, but I'll probably be back again! =D

"&& you know i wouldn't say i hate you if it wasn't true." - cut! print it, the starting line

"i know that only God can judge me" - the young && the hopeless, good charlotte

"I'm sorry won't cut it for the rest of your life

Get over yourself && say goodbye

I hope you realize you threw away the best thing that ever happened to you

Forget my name && forget my face

Hope you get on a plane && forget this place

So I never have to deal with you again" - away we go, valencia

"I need to start to be myself

Cos I'm sick of everybody else." - broken man, boys like girls

"i'm just a painter && i'm drawing a blank" - don't you know who i think i am?, fall out boy

"My favorite songs they keep me company." - heard that sound, mxpx

"Come on, come on, get your groove on" - i don't know, punchline

"I know you think that I'm someone you can trust

But I'm scared I'll get scared and I swear I'll try to nail you back up" - Jesus Christ, brand new

"Take a walk outside and let the rain hit you because you deserve it" - play, punchline

"There's such a thing as misery

Why is it cool to be depressed?

Please don't define yourself that way

I know it's cool to be depressed" - pretty petty, punchline

"Shine

Make 'em wonder whatcha got

Make 'em wish that they were not

On the outside looking bored

Shine

Let it shine before all men

Let 'em see good works && then

Let 'em glorify the Lord" - shine, newsboys

"You'll put your eyes to the sun and say, 'I know

you're only blinding to keep back what the clouds are hiding.' " - the carpal tunnel of love, fall out boy

"I'm every cliche, but I simply do it best." - the music or the misery, fall out boy

"Save me from myself

Cos I don't know who to be" - what are you doing, man? that's weird!, valencia

"The past is only the future with the lights on." - baby, come on, +44

"everything's gonna be alright, now

everything's gonna be alright." - waldorfworldwide, good charlotte

"You wouldn't know a good thing if it came up && slit your throat." - my heart is the worst kind of weapon, fall out boy

"Dream every night that one will come true, but only bad ones ever do." - out through the curtain, the hush sound

"rock'n'roll dreamin' was what saved us." - march on, good charlotte

"Gonna keep my eyes wide,

walk outside

&& stay myself inside" - exactly, punchline

"It's GC baby && we're workin' with something" - waldorfworldwide, good charlotte

sorry for having so many && for them being in no organized fashion whatsoever.

the entire lyrics for Story of a Lonely Guy, Going Away to College, 21 Days, Stay Together for the Kids, Not Now, as well as many, many, many more blink-182 songs.

the entire We Don't Need To Whisper album by Angels and Airwaves, "The past is only the future with the lights on" from +44's Baby Come On, all of Make You Smile by +44, all of Boxcar Racer's album, "My life has become a boring pop song, and everyone is singing along." from I'm Ready by Jack's Mannequin, "Heaven isn't a place you go when you die, it's that moment when you see her and feel alive" from The Tide by The Spill Canvas, and of course, a lot of Paramore lyrics, but i'm too lazy to think of them

geez. this is gonna be semi-long. but of course.. all the paramore llyrics are amazing so im just gonna pick a few [=

"im not so naieve, my sorry eyes can see" (For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic)

"maybe if my heart stops beating, it wont hurt this much" never let this go.

"sorrow drips into your heart through a pin hole, just like a faucet that leaks and there is confort in the sound" marching bands of manhattan by death cab for cutie.

"she puts on happiness like a loose dress, over pain ill never know..." &&

"i've made you so happy and so sad, but which should i be more sorry for?" silencer by mewithoutyou

pretty much the whole song "keep dreaming upside down" by october falll.

"..some things are better left unsaid. but they still turn me inside out" why by annie lennox

"but when your day comes and he's through with you.. and he'll be through with you, you'll die together but alone. you wrote me in a letter. you couldnt say it right to my face. give me that sunday school answer.. repent your self away" never again - kelly clarkson.

"now all thats left of me, is what i pretend to be. so together but so broken up inside" behind these hazel eyes by kellly clarkson. ill admit.. most of her song lyrics and songs are amazing. [=

"i'm willing to break myself, to shake this hell from everything i touch. im willing to bleed for days, my reds and grays so you dont hurt so much" break myself by something corporate.

"amazing grace, how sweet the sound. that saved a wretch like me. i was was lost, but now im found. was blind but now i see" -amazing because it is - the almost

"if I dont say this now I will surely break, as im leaving the one I want to take

forgive the urgency but hurry up and wait

my heart has started to separate" look after you - the fray

"swim though these waters, my lungs collapse as im gasping for air" - wake up call by hawthorne heights

and last but certainly not least:

"even if i say, it will be alright. still i hear you say, you want to end your life now and again we try to just stay alive, maybe we'll turn it all around cuz its not to late, its never too late" never too late - three days grace

i dont think thats alll of them but im too lazy to find more. [=

i have a lot of favs...but currently since i'm listening to Santi 24/7... a few off of there are.

"with all the people we need to love and hate....everybody makes the same mistakes..." -same blood

"apologies are all we'll ever be," she said' -lax to o'hare

"don't say you miss me, you probably don't" "with your blah blah blah and all your friends" - bulls in brooklyn

"you set me up to leave me.....shallow love shallow lives"- you might have noticed

...it's going to take a while to remember all my other fav lyrics. lol

My Chemical Romance- I'm Not Okay (I Promise)

Well if you wanted honesty, that's all you had to say.

I never want to let you down or have you go, it's better off this way.

For all the dirty looks, the photographs your boyfriend took,

Remember when you broke your foot from jumping out the second floor?

I'm not okay

I'm not okay

I'm not okay

You wear me out

What will it take to show you that it's not the life it seems?

(I'm not okay)

I've told you time and time again you sing the words but don't know what it means

(I'm not okay)

To be a joke and look, another line without a hook

I held you close as we both shook for the last time take a good hard look!

I'm not okay

I'm not okay

I'm not okay

You wear me out

Forget about the dirty looks

The photographs your boyfriend took

You said you read me like a book, but the pages all are torn and frayed

I'm okay

I'm okay!

I'm okay, now

(I'm okay, now)

But you really need to listen to me

Because I'm telling you the truth

I mean this, I'm okay!

(Trust Me)

I'm not okay

I'm not okay

Well, I'm not okay

I'm not o-fucking-kay

I'm not okay

I'm not okay

Funeral For A Friend- Recovery

Scared to open up these eyes,

To see just what's inside,

This tree is dead and cold,

This house is not a home,

Help me now I'm dying here alone...

This is not a new game,

So don't think that you know...

Casually, I confide,

Awake and paralysed,

Forever in one word,

Forever is the longest time,

It's the only cure, I'm not sure I'll survive;

This is not a new game,

So don't think that you know...

Can't you see these blood shot eyes?

Can you see,

That my strength is failing,

And I can't go on this way,

And this hearts not beating,

It just doesn't seem the same,

And my strength is failing,

Can't go on this way...

Promise me...

Promise me...

Promise me... You will not ever leave (again)

Promise me... You will not ever leave

You will not ever leave...

And my strength is failing,

And this hearts not beating,

It just doesn't seem the same,

It doesn't seem the same,

It just doesnt seem the same...

Guest JadeIsRad

"They won't understand it, what you've hidden from them and this isn't getting any easier" - The Ultimate Cover Up - theAUDITION. I have loads more though haha =]

There are so many more than just these, but its what i've been listening to recently really. So from the top of my head, here they are <3

Alexisonfire

Sometimes love isn't about how much someone suits you

But how much you're willing to change to suit them.

----

Dressed to kill you look so right

I am drunk with lust tonight

Your wounds are opening wide

And they might be just my size

----

This is a .44 caliber love letter straight from my heart.

----

Write your name on my chest in karosene, spark a match and you wont be cold again.

----

Take this blood from my veins and paint me a masterpiece of a parade. Kill their leader and watch his family die. The last man standing is a joke. In spite of the glorious headshots and 8x10's. The name does not live on.

----

I, i, guess, the only thing cheap to you is your friends

You can always make new friends

But when you sell them out will they be worth as much?

Paramore

This heart (please dont go now)

It beats (please dont fade away)

Beats for only you (please dont go now)

My heart is yours (please dont fade away)

----

Everybody sing like its the last song you will ever sing

Everybody live like its the last day you will ever see

----

All Time Low

I've never told a lie

And that makes me a liar

I've never made a bet

But we gamble with desire

I've never lit a match

With intent to start a fire

But recently the flames are getting out of control

Call me a name

Kill me with words

Forget about me

Its what i deserve

Senses Fail

An angel

On his two knees

Arms stretched

Towards a red sea

Of violence

And a sultry tounge

A scenic

View of carnage

Caused by

The sword in his hands

The beauty

Resonates in birth

----

I love you so damn much

I'll even start to pray

I'll put my faith in all your bullshit

If it means you'll stay

----

You ripped my heart out

You tore my eyes out

Now you're gonna pay

I'll stab you one time

I'll eat your heart out

So you feel my pain

Dont you know that

I always see you

In all of my dreams

There are so many more than just these, but its what i've been listening to recently really. So from the top of my head, here they are <3

All Time Low

I've never told a lie

And that makes me a liar

I've never made a bet

But we gamble with desire

I've never lit a match

With intent to start a fire

But recently the flames are getting out of control

Call me a name

Kill me with words

Forget about me

Its what i deserve

ALL TIME LOW!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

probably all of "Then Came To Kill" by The Chariot

Fight priest, fight, take pictures. Make alright, what you have lost and give pride back to the ground. You have got all you want, but all you have got is a wreck. Everyone in this whole wide world wake up and panic. Fortune wears a red dress but her bones smell of death. They all stare but no one seeks. They all claim but no one speaks. They all hear what they want. Panic preacher.

Beware of these sheep, in the costume of wolves, for lies, they come in pairs of two and we only die twice but for such a very long time. And just because you kiss a lot don't mean your in love. And just because you have begun don't mean you have won. I was a second son, not born but just once, and all my friends be gray. The fade out. They all close the door because no one speaks out loud. Take my heart, prophet.

i just want one more chance, to put my arms in fragile hands - Paperthin Hymn

hands like secrets are the hardest thing to keep from you and i got to

be honest, i try to escape you but the orcestra plays on - Dismantle. Repair

i am the patron saint of lost causes, are we all to you just near lost causes? are we all to you just lost?" - *Fin

all by anberlin<3

Guest JadeIsRad

"What you, what you need is something she'll never be.

I think it's time to let you go." It's Too Late - TheAUDITION

"I should be ashamed of this, I'm not." Approach The Bench - TheAUDITION

"Don't be so scared. It's harder for me." - Skeptics And True Believers - The Academy Is...

Guest JadeIsRad
This is me with the words

on the tip of my tongue

And my eye on the scope

down the barrel of a gun

timberwolves at new jersey-taking back sunday

Aaahh love those lyrics =]

"You are everything I want 'cus you are everything I'm not." MakeDamnSure - Taking Back Sunday