Give emo a rest already!

miss_emergency

did anyone see this yet???

Is Emo-Punk Just Hair Metal's Second Coming?

(found on mtv.com)

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1562329/20070612/taking_back_sunday.jhtml

when is these people gonna quit with the emo thing? it's not even "important" anymore.. not like it ever really was but it's not as big like last year when it was practically everywhere...

im getting sick of this.. are you guys? because it was the new thing and now this? jeez. someone alert the media and tell them, it's getting old!

I'm sick of this: basically any band that a 13-year-old girl with a blog and a Hot Topic habit obsesses over.

I don't know why that bothers me so much. I almost feel like they are saying that only these impressionable young people can like this music. I feel like they are dissing it but just kind of walking around it. If you want to diss a band, come out and do it, don't use a thirteen year old who likes the music they like as an excuse.

They are just mad because people are beginning to realize that rap sucks and any type of rock music is better. So they have to make a big thing about it and keep ranting and raving about things so worthless. Just sit back and laugh at it. That is all there is to do.

I'm sick of this: basically any band that a 13-year-old girl with a blog and a Hot Topic habit obsesses over.

I don't know why that bothers me so much. I almost feel like they are saying that only these impressionable young people can like this music. I feel like they are dissing it but just kind of walking around it. If you want to diss a band, come out and do it, don't use a thirteen year old who likes the music they like as an excuse.

i totally agree with you.

Omg, that article. Seroiusly, even though I HATE falloutboy I wouldn't consider them emo... Honestly, emo's kind of died....

And for them to have the gull to say that people that listened to guns n roses, metallica, etc, wouldn't like these new bands.... Idiots--the first music I EVER remember hearing was JUST THAT.... Metallica, GunsNRoses, and ESPECIALLY Iron Maiden. I grew up with REAL metal and REAL rock surrounding me....

And I never grew out of it and I still listen to it.

I just thank god they didn't mention Paramore in it, because then I'd have to write them a letter. If Bruce Dickinson ((IronMaiden frontman for those who very sadly don't know their music history)) likes Paramore, then I'd say they're legit. VERY legit.

Gah.

Oh and when they talk about HEAVIER stuff with UGLIER poeple replacing the fob type of music--that's awesome for me, because the first people I thought of were As I Lay Dying, Job For A Cowboy, Bring Me The Horizon... Those guys are all FUGLY and rock insanely massive. Seroiusly though, I VERY VERY hightly doubt they'll become mainstream, they're WAYYYY too hard....

NME called Paramore a emo-pop band in this week's issue, which kinda annoyed me.

Ahh, it is oh so very annoying. But truly, there's no point in arguing 'cause nowadays anything that doesn't fit into the usual genres (Rap, Hip hop, Pop, R&B etc, etc)... is thrown into the "emo" genre. Seriously, that's just stupid.

Plus, since usually the band memebers are young, obviously they must be suffering from teenage angst, therefore, they're automaticaly emo :roll: It's just the way the media is, they just have to make everything fit into the box.

Reading through that article again, I have to agree with it completely 110%.

The Guns N Roses & Metallica reference was just about them not getting recognised [universally] as legends until all the other bands around them died off. They're implying that MCR (and Fall Out Boy) are good but people won't admit it until all the other emo bands die out.