TRL

SuperJess

Im not meaning to sound like a jerk either. I just hate it when MTV comes off like they just found the next best thing, even though its been around for years.

Eeeeexactly why I hate mtv. They get all these 13 year olds thinking these bands are shiny new, and they very rarely are...

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really surprised at how unsupportive some people are being. Maybe this isn't ideal to you, or whatever, but this is probably a really big deal to them and even if you don't agree with it I think you should still back the band up. I've been through this with plenty bands before and you just have to stick with them.

^ Backing the band and hating MTV are two different things, lol....

If that's what they want, I fully support them, but I still detest MTV.

Example: I fully support our troops, but I do not, in any way, shape, or form, support the war they're stuck in...

Something along those lines ;-) lol

Yes, I just compared Paramore to soldiers... Soldiers in the world of war known as the music industry *sigh*

^ Backing the band and hating MTV are two different things, lol....

If that's what they want, I fully support them, but I still detest MTV.

Example: I fully support our troops, but I do not, in any way, shape, or form, support the war they're stuck in...

Something along those lines ;-) lol

Yes, I just compared Paramore to soldiers... Soldiers in the world of war known as the music industry *sigh*

That wasn't directed at anybody in particular, and it wasn't just about things that were posted here.

That wasn't directed at anybody in particular, and it wasn't just about things that were posted here.

Oh, I know, I just wanted to throw in some input...

Because lately, people have been getting WAY out of control with pointing fingers. This place is getting rediculous with drama, I tell ya.

yeah, i hate when MTV's like OMG WE JUST FOUND THE BETS BAND EVER. and im like yeaahh ive known about them for like 2 years, bub. haha but im getting over that phase of gettin all EEEEWW MTV! NOOO TEENIESS! RUUN..im learning that, yeah the band'll get a bit "hollywood" and all, but isnt that a good thing? yeah more teenies and the band doin more things and iinterveiws, and becommin the new GCH as im callin it now haha. but yeah im happy for them lol

exactly. they diserve it more then alot of bands ON trl. it sucks that the bands that actually DISERVE to be on TRL (like uh...RJA and BLG, and all thoes people) the TRL teenies dont like thoes bands......cuz, there new and they dont know who they are....TRL teenies dont lie change...they like it to stay all the same...maybe like one new band here or there. but other then that!.....nothin.

yeah, i hate when MTV's like OMG WE JUST FOUND THE BETS BAND EVER. and im like yeaahh ive known about them for like 2 years, bub.

Baaahahaha. Exxxactly. Two years seems like the magic amount... Paramore, Shiny Toy Guns, Hellogoodbye, Alexisonfire, Flyleaf... Those are just a few that MTV is gawking over that I found two, threeish (maybe more) years ago...

I just hope MTV's trying to get back to music more, because I don't want them to suck Paramore into their "ewh mtv band" ideal that they've managed to gain for themselves when they show any artist... If that makes sense?

^ You're completely right. It could skyrocket them to being one of the biggest bands out there. As much as we don't like the teenies, we all know that Paramore is a band that has been around for a while and we were the first people to know how amazing they are. We don't have to pretend to like them because it's cool. We like them regardless of whether people think it's cool or not and we know that Paramore recognizes it. After all, we will all always know that Born For This was written about US, the original fans.

^ You're completely right. It could skyrocket them to being one of the biggest bands out there. As much as we don't like the teenies, we all know that Paramore is a band that has been around for a while and we were the first people to know how amazing they are. We don't have to pretend to like them because it's cool. We like them regardless of whether people think it's cool or not and we know that Paramore recognizes it. After all, we will all always know that Born For This was written about US, the original fans.

I completely agree with everything you just said...and I'm sure even around here we will be able to tell who has been here for awhile supporting the band. But I think as long as they love the band as much as we do, respect them, and show them support and aren't obnoxious about it I'll be okay with it.

I completely agree with everything you just said...and I'm sure even around here we will be able to tell who has been here for awhile supporting the band. But I think as long as they love the band as much as we do, respect them, and show them support and aren't obnoxious about it I'll be okay with it.

Exactly. I will totally be okay with anyone who loves Paramore because they play good music and not just because they think one of the members is the "hawt." It is first and foremost about the music.