TRL

SuperJess

amen.

don't be selfish,be happy for them.

Imagine how some of us feel who have been around from pretty well the start,yes we've known of them longer,but that still doesn't make us bigger or better fans than you,just like that doesn't make all of us bigger or better fans than the people that catch on to them after they're on TRL.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that i know that people that havent been fans of the band "since day one" dont suck haha just like paramore...ive known who they were for like a year, but i seriously just got like "obsessed" and stuff less then a month ago hahaha so i feel like a newbie like hell. but at the same time i dont, cuz i know stuff that newbies wouldnt....cuz i do my research haha

anyway. this i know that i get selfish ahha i always get like that...when i start likign a band abd no one knows who they are, then they get on MTV and everyones like ZOMG! DO YOU KNWO ABOUT THIS NEW BAND ZOMG THEIR SOO GOOD I LUV THEIR SONG. and ill be all assish and say.....ive nown abut them for like a year dude. haha i cant help it...i love thta feeling when i say it, but at the same time sometimes the persons face after you say it is liek "psh...bitch" hahah

but im defently tryin to get over that. since all my favoire bands are becomming TRL/MTV bands now. well trying to haha. so im commin to the sense that okay whatever. if TRL doesnt like their music, dosent mena they SUCK, and if they do get teenie fans you shuldnt start hating a band for all the over exposure they'll get, cuz having a shit load of teenies chasing you.....thats when you need your REAL fans most. haha you need someone to lean on...

i have nooo idea what im saying

amen.

don't be selfish,be happy for them.

Imagine how some of us feel who have been around from pretty well the start,yes we've known of them longer,but that still doesn't make us bigger or better fans than you,just like that doesn't make all of us bigger or better fans than the people that catch on to them after they're on TRL.

I wasn't trying to say we are, even when Paramore gets the fans that just like them because a member is hot or because they only like one song, they're still garnering fans. But it just disappoints me that there are people out there who will use just those two lame excuses as reasons to call themselves fans of a band. Granted, I guess they are sort of fans, but it's just irritating.

EDIT: also to agree with neverment2brag, I just joined this site like two months ago and hadn't been an actual fan for even more than...idk...a month or more. I've only really started getting into Paramore like 3 or 4 months ago, so I still feel like a newbie too when it comes to being a fan haha.

bqrejbglrkjeb I'm so excited for paramore, this huge and they deserve this and so so so much more. AH I'm excited! i told my mom, she was like, so what? and I was like helllooo trl this is major. BUT I'm kind of scared about the new fans. I get really frustrated when people like bands just follow the trend, and with paramore I'm going to like call people out and like. I don't even know. I'm just not even going to talk about it with people that I know only like them to fit in. so I hope they get huge and people lie them for their talent and not just because everyone else does.

Of course, in the back of our minds, we're all a little selfish here and there. But just deal with it, not like any of us can stop it anyway right? Just welcome them like their your homie next door and get on with life. But still love Paramore just as much as you did whenever you first heard of them lmao.

Its ok guys. Perhaps Riot! can get up to #1 when the new single "Misery Business" comes out. I mean, the new video looks cool I cant wait to see it on Tuesday.

Im not meaning to sound like a jerk either. I just hate it when MTV comes off like they just found the next best thing, even though its been around for years.

totally agree with u

one thing that will get me upset is how now every one thinks there a new band. ive been a fan of the band for about a year and a half and ive been "obbsessd" for about a year. lol. all i can say is there gonna go huge. but bands always seem to know who was there at the begining.. wen they didnt have mtv.

paramore is gonna be a "trend" for some ppl. and then as soon as another band comes along other ppl are gonna go and like them. but the true fans will always be there (like us) and we have sumthin over all the "teenies" cuz ya know when a band gets big they get impossible to meet. well we can always say to there newly obsessed fans that we knew them longer and some of us have met them.

they will be in shock. ha i did the same thing with mcr b4 they got super big. now all the teenies think ur god or sumthin.. lol

i think we should be happy for the band.

yea it might be harder to say hi to them but as long as we support them.

the band deserves this. they are amazing.

i wish there was another way of getting big with out mtv but oh well.

one thing that will get me upset is how now every one thinks there a new band. ive been a fan of the band for about a year and a half and ive been "obbsessd" for about a year. lol. all i can say is there gonna go huge. but bands always seem to know who was there at the begining.. wen they didnt have mtv.

paramore is gonna be a "trend" for some ppl. and then as soon as another band comes along other ppl are gonna go and like them. but the true fans will always be there (like us) and we have sumthin over all the "teenies" cuz ya know when a band gets big they get impossible to meet. well we can always say to there newly obsessed fans that we knew them longer and some of us have met them.

they will be in shock. ha i did the same thing with mcr b4 they got super big. now all the teenies think ur god or sumthin.. lol

I'm sure once they start reading up on the band that they had another cd before RIOT! the stories will come in about how they were a fan for awhile and now they are just joining the boards or whatever. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as long as they respect. ;]

Well for the people that Paramore is going to be a trend for let them come and go...we know who will always be here for them.

it doesn't really matter who's been a fan for how long or whatever now.. as long as everybody buys their cd and supports them, that's all that matters really isn't it? no point in getting all wound up about who was the first to hear them and stuff.

As mentioned before, even if the kiddos like the band just for trends, they're still contributing to the band's profit. Eventually, most of them will get to appreciate the band for their music and not just their looks (I hope), once the whole big boom! on them is over.

Also, it's very unfair for them to be misjudged just because they got into the band after watching TRL. Let's just wait and see what happens. :D

Big congrats to Paramore for this! ^_^

at least paramore had a time to be themselves for two years....not like other bands whose first single explodes on MTV....they truely got to know who they were before everything about them gets even MORE publized.

im so happy for them....if theres any band in the world that would stay true to themselves, it would be paramore, so i'm not worried for them.

aye, i mean like... i know we are all massive fans of paramore and everything, and find it weird that people are only now jumping on the bandwagon.. but there are plenty of other bands that i listen to and don't know anything about.. don't know their names or anything.. but i still buy their music, and that does count for something. so.. yeah, i know a lot of people are going to find it weird if paramore do get 'big' and gain a lot of new fans, but they seriously deserve it. think of all the touring they have done since they started out. it's too much hard work to go nowhere.

aye, i mean like... i know we are all massive fans of paramore and everything, and find it weird that people are only now jumping on the bandwagon.. but there are plenty of other bands that i listen to and don't know anything about.. don't know their names or anything.. but i still buy their music, and that does count for something. so.. yeah, i know a lot of people are going to find it weird if paramore do get 'big' and gain a lot of new fans, but they seriously deserve it. think of all the touring they have done since they started out. it's too much hard work to go nowhere.

I think most people here have stated that as long as they respect the band like we all do they wouldn't have a problem with it. I don't know I've personally seen MTV kill personal friends, and I'm just hoping MTV doesn't do that to him and they keep up on being themselves (which I think people are also worried about). I don't think anyone here is going to attack a new fan, they just don't like when their "little band" gets to the "big time" and loses sight of who they used to be / who their fans are.

I think most people here have stated that as long as they respect the band like we all do they wouldn't have a problem with it. I don't know I've personally seen MTV kill personal friends, and I'm just hoping MTV doesn't do that to him and they keep up on being themselves (which I think people are also worried about). I don't think anyone here is going to attack a new fan, they just don't like when their "little band" gets to the "big time" and loses sight of who they used to be / who their fans are.

it's just all this "teenie" talk that's getting to me. i don't even understand.. what's a teenie? a new fan? i'm so confused man.

^ People who obssess over a certain band just 'cause the members are "hot" or because the band is "in". Lawl.

I suck at explaining so... Urban Dictionay definition:

"A teenage girl (or a guy if he's gay) who likes a band based on their looks, not their actual talent. They typically post crap on message boards and in chats about the band about how the members are so hot.

"LIEK OMFG!!!1 CHAZ FRUM LINKIN PARK IZ SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT!!!!111 I WANT 2 SEE HIM NAKED!!!!1 I WANT 2 FUCK HIM N HAV ALL HIS BABYS!!!11"

^ People who obssess over a certain band just 'cause the members are "hot" or because the band is "in". Lawl.

I suck at explaining so... Urban Dictionay definition:

"A teenage girl (or a guy if he's gay) who likes a band based on their looks, not their actual talent. They typically post crap on message boards and in chats about the band about how the members are so hot.

"LIEK OMFG!!!1 CHAZ FRUM LINKIN PARK IZ SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT!!!!111 I WANT 2 SEE HIM NAKED!!!!1 I WANT 2 FUCK HIM N HAV ALL HIS BABYS!!!11"

Hahah gotta love urbandictionary.

LOL WOW

you're really no better than any new fan, and you don't "have something over teenies" and that's really pathetic to brag about how long you've been a fan of a certain band.