va beach warped tour 7/24

kerrie

well since its 1230am on the 24th, its TODAY!

I guess I might be one of the only ones on here going. Tonight after the show Ill devote my time towards getting pictures and video up so look for that.

I'll be walking up there around 10 or 930am

um...WOW Best warped tour I ever been to by far. I think I love the hometown ones better than that out of town one I went to last year...

Ok to the point I started walking out there around 10am and didnt get there till 15 or so min later. Lots of cars were already going into the place and the line was already backed out to the parking lot so that was great. Oh well the line still went fast as soon as the gates opened. But yeah by the time I got there I started feeling icky. I havent drank or eaten anything before I left so I thought I wasnt going to make it to get inside. I didnt buy it but dudes were carting coolers of water and gatorade and selling them for much cheaper than what they were gonna sell inside.

Finally line starts moving like 15 min before 11 and right when I get to the bag check I totally forgot about chains and I had a chain attached to my wallet. Lady said YOU CANT HAVE CHAINS. So I shit myself and got out of line. I had to think fast so I was either going to hang it in a tree and get it later Orrrr hide it in my beanie and get in a different line far from that bitch that saw the chain. I forgot all about the show your at&t phone and cut the line so I went through that on the other side and got in : D. I couldnt wait for my parents or anything cause my dad wasnt home and my mom cant drive so that left me with nothing to do about it.

SO I got in and started walking towards where the big blow up thing was and first thing I looked for was paramore. I saw they werent playing till way later- 6pm which was great for me. No rush to get to the stage yet. I kept reading to get an idea who I wanted to see before paramore and after so I got a couple pictures of it for reference to look back to. After that I walked up a bit and spotted the paramore tent off the bat. I went over there first and bought my 80$ worth of crap : D. STILL no riot shirt ): I even asked aaron since there was ONE laying on top of a bin. I hope they have them in a couple weeks when I go again. I was reading the board thing aaron writes on and it posts the show time and signing time. Well the signing time was blank so I had to firgure out if they were signing and where and when. But I was feeling super sick so I walked back towards the entrance where I blew 4$ on water :/. I just remember All Time Low being the first band to start on the mainstages but yeah I kept walking around to the tents I wanted to check out like twloha and everthing I wanted they didnt have in my size which was a downer but at the same time good since it left me with more money. I brought around 270$. Wow I cant remember anything else that happened aroung this time....

well yeah around 12 something I found the at&t/cingular tent thing and come to find out paramore was signing from 2-3. I HAD to be first. No one was there but it was too long to wait so I did some more walking around to find the AP tent so I could get one of them tour program things. I did and kept walking by the signing tent to make sure no one was in line yet. I was still by myself at this time. My mom didnt show up till after the paramore signing so I was just lolly gagging around and bumping into a few school friends which was cool since last year I went to a totally different town with no one I knew so that was awesome.

I decided to come back to the tent around quarter to or around 1 to get close to the front. I was first but I stepped out of line cause another band was suppose to sign at 1 but that cancelled and someone that I reconised from the last norva show got in front of me so that was cool. I ended up being 2nd and from there the line grew like wamo. While standing there I was watching CIWWAF at the mainstage since their set was at 1. So around 2 they came out and from there SMOOTH SAILING. I gave em my cd to sign. sitting at the table from start to finish was hayley, josh, jeremy, and zac. Hayley reconised me and said around the lines of HEY how are you doing its nice to see you again. Josh reconised me too but didnt really say anything, Jeremy and zac I dont really talk to at all (BUT I SHOULD) and yeah I got behind the gate and started taking pictures and a video which you will see in an minute. During that my mom finally showed up and found me kinda fast. I stayed there watching the signing till the end...I dunno why but after it was over I was gonna try and talk to them but they were walked off with security so that wouldnt have went too well.

I dunno what I did after that but I did meet up with my friend that works there and we talked then I had to get food cause I ate NOTHING and couldnt possibly get into the crowd all faint and not full. SO I blew 5$ on a thing of fries D: not really worth it since you can get a better tasting meal at chickfil-a for that price but anyway Im glad there wasnt porta potties and that they were using the bathrooms next to the amphitheater. Uhh I dunno I think I walked around more and bought more stuff here and there.

After eating we ran to one of the hurley stages (there's supposibly 2...wtf? what happened to the volcom stage?) to see family force 5. They started at 4 or 4:15 and I couldnt stay and watch the whole thing cause I needed to get back to stage 13 and start getting into the crowd. Ended up we waited for the wrong band and I didnt know family force 5 played in the amphihtheater til way later. I didnt know there was a hurley and a hurley.com stage (I guess I wasnt paying attention to the big billboard) I was kinda gutted. Then when it came to 4:30 it was time for me to start getting into the crowd and try to get a good spot for paramore. Chiodos is the worst band to come on before paramore D: omg they almost killed me. I had no idea they were that screamo/heavy. I pushed my way from the back to second row in like one song. On my way in I was CLOSE to falling once Im so glad I caught myself haha. but yeah in order for me to stay in my spot then I needed a reach for the barricade so I held onto that and kept my feet in place. There was literally a crowd surfer going over my head 1 right after the other. It was crazy. I never felt so crushed/kicked in the head that many times in my life. For one crowd surfer I got knocked up against someone and the scab on my nose got ripped off and it started bleeding D: aye. You know the paramore bag that sold on the last tour that looks japanese themed? I suggest DONT use it as a warped tour bag. Mine hurt my shoulders making it feel like sunbrun and it RIPPED on the side and I had to keep checking nothing was gonna fall out of the side.

I was so glad when chiodos was over with. Didnt matter though still crowd surfers still came over even though the other mainstage was playing. Well they got their stuff set up and I managed to move a bit to the right cause I was behind these tall guys with poofy hair and I didnt want that to get in the way of my pics/videos. They started once pennywise on the other side (I think) finished and of course it started off with misery business and you know the rest. I felt like I was annoying people in front of me cause I was kinda using them as something for my arms to rest on to get good shots. and I know I got in this one girls face alot haha. Then during one song I felt SO bad cause the camera slipped out of my hand with the string still around my wrist and it hit some girl in the head in front of me..she ducked and covered her head where I hit her D: ooops. And ommmg I never been in a paramore crowd with so much pushing, sqeezing and crowd surfing. there was even a pit behind me and I had to hang on to that barricade ahah. it was so funny cause josh saw me squished and he made a funny face like "Ughh dont you hate that?" Or I dunno how to explain it.

I got SOME decent pictures not alot like I got last year but good enough and I recorded all the songs except emergency and here we go again (I did get the ending to catch the beginning of that's what you get). wow so after that I was so sweaty walking out and my hair went from straight to OMG. on my way out I found a few friends from school in the crowd which I may have rubbed my obsession onto haha. Anyway after that I went back to talk to my friend...she worked at the mixing table in front of the 13 stage making sure no one was to go past and mess with the controls. I think after this I was dieing of thirst and went back to get more water (there was fountains so people didnt spend another 4$ they were smart and filled em up there...not as good but better than nothing) and we walked around more till it was around 7:15 and I went to the amphitheater to watch blessthefall another band I wanted to see and ended up seeing finally after they been touring here so many times. That was over around 8-ish (They didnt go on till later which sucked, I had to sit through amber pacific, and anberlin) I missed the underoath performance, I wanted to see how wild that was and pretty much the last band on mainstage was killswitch engaged so we watched them and it was over. Walked out, caught our ride and went up to subway and chick-fil-a where a lot of people ended up going.

anyway AWESOME DAY. I couldnt sleep the night before and was thinking nothing else but this. thing is I have a weird tan now, I did have a good bathing suit tan but now its a tank top tan and with sock lines again D: but yeah heres pictures.

DSC01065.jpg

DSC01066.jpg

ALL TIME LOW FOR RACHNA

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01068.jpg

DSC01069.jpg

DSC01070.jpg

DSC01071.jpg

DSC01072.jpg

DSC01074.jpg

DSC01076.jpg

DSC01080.jpg

DSC01081.jpg

DSC01084.jpg

DSC01086.jpg

DSC01087.jpg

DSC01090.jpg

DSC01091.jpg

DSC01093.jpg

DSC01095.jpg

DSC01096.jpg

DSC01097.jpg

DSC01098.jpg

DSC01099.jpg

DSC01100.jpg

DSC01101.jpg

then some blessthefall if you wanna see those

DSC01107.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

DSC01109.jpg

DSC01110.jpg

DSC01111.jpg

DSC01115.jpg

warped at night..sort of

DSC01117.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

and heres my stuffs I got...including my signed cd D:

DSC01120.jpg

DSC01121.jpg

DSC01122.jpg

DSC01123.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

the bags they have at the merch booth....free to carry yo shit

DSC01125.jpg

DSC01126.jpg

DSC01127.jpg

DSC01128.jpg

DSC01129.jpg

DSC01130.jpg

crap i forgot about the videos

signing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G90WWRT5MN4

misery business part 1...WHY? cause I had to be an idiot and accidentally press the stop button

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drk2y6Isc4o

misery business pt 2 ): I hate how its split up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcUc8xm0QpY

that's what you get

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siwGSeox7QU

for a pessimist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoCxNmzTmTY

crushcrushcrush

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq8nHUsUdVQ

born for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUFWCr2seQk

Pressure..wow everything I tape the endding part something always has to go wrong. In norfolk josh fell, in nashville it got delayed cause hayley got in the way and I just noticed that jeremy fell now? haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3pxRu0dW-U

i was there to

and sorry about getting in front of you kerrie, i told my sister and my dad that you were already there before us but they didnt seem to care

i would post the pics i got from yestarday but my dad has the camera at work

and my voice is soo sore... ha, it was fun

how coool.

i love the pictures & stuff!

and you got the booty shorts, the paramore ones! haha

and im in lovee with those flip flops. i didnt see them...

i also love hayleys little bikini top.

or the color, anyway. cuuuute.

dayumm,

it seemed like you were really gettin killed out there

in the videos.

i love jeremyy. hahah

that was pretty much the best warped tour update i've ever read. nice pics of the merch and stuff. i'm at a loss as to whether or not i should buy merch in buffalo or in barrie, because i'm going to both but it's the american vs canadian thing. idk if bands still jack up their prices when they come into canada.

thanks everyone

@Sophie- It seems like it...from where I was standing it looked like her pants were dirty

@Hayley- I dunno either and I pretty much risked myself not eating anything at all till later in the day D:

AND SURE ADD THEM : D

@Tiffany- thats ok haha atleast we werent in the back or anything..I didnt think I was gonna get up front any. I thought the dear and departed signing was still going on so I stood off to the side. It was cool to see you again even though I dont think you reconised me from the last time haha

@Stef- YES HAHA they're amazing I went into the bathroom and changed into them and it was better than wearing sweats that were capris. It seems like booty shorts are the main merch thing at warped. Almost all the bands have them selling with their names on em.

&the crowd was insane I tried my best holding my camera up, it was mostly me holding it to the groud so someone over top of me wouldnt knock it out of my hands or break it. If you're going to warped to see paramore I suggest you stand RIGHT against the barricade, way off to the side or way in the back. Dont get yourself caught in the middle.

@chelsea- Thanks haha that woulda been cool if you shown up : D

sorry I have to include EVERYTHING in a review. D:

yeahh a lot of bands do sell booty shorts at warped.

i guess a lot of people wear em

during the summer...EVERY summer.

especially the bands.

i wouldve changed into mine out there,

but uhm yeah...hence the name booty shorts. ;)

i kinda wish i couldve been there...

chiodos then paramore?

gah, id just about be in heaven...lol

it sucked for me though cause I didnt know they were that rough.

but yeah I love the booty shorts there was even a ten that sold ones wtth all the colors and different trims. I even got blessthefall ones cause they were so cool. Id have to wear them with tights/leggings at school though