Paramore and VMA's?

roxchick93

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I will. I'm going to write as many as I possible can without my hand falling off.

&& I'm going to vote for Paramore even more now. Hopefully everyone else here is on me with this. I think, that if we show them that Paramore is actually wanted, although it won't change the nominees, it can at least show the producers at MTV && possibly some radio stations, that Paramore is a more popular band then they think.

No, it pisses me off too. I've had to calm myself down a couple of times because I'm tired of bands that deserve the attention but don't get it. I know people would love Paramore, not as much as me && some of the people here, but they'd still love it. Or at least the people I go to school with. I've played MiseryBusiness && Emergancy for some non-Paramore fans && they've pretty much all said the same thing, "How come we don't hear this on the radio?"

Which is my question too && I've been a fan for almost six months. I just don't get it. I honestly don't. What makes these other bands/artist like T.I or Beyonce more special then Cute Is What We Aim For or say, the Used [[okay, kind of bad examples but...just deal with me here]]? Beyonce [[sorry if I offend anyone in the process]] is a total sell out. Take for example what happened at one of her preformances where she wasn't even singing. Why do people && radio stations pay so much money for sell outs, real sell outs. She left her own band, the band that made her who she is right now. [[still talking about Beyonce]]. && T.I is just some guy who can talk && ryhme really fast. What do people see that's so great?

Oh, I will. I'm going to write as many as I possible can without my hand falling off.

&& I'm going to vote for Paramore even more now. Hopefully everyone else here is on me with this. I think, that if we show them that Paramore is actually wanted, although it won't change the nominees, it can at least show the producers at MTV && possibly some radio stations, that Paramore is a more popular band then they think.

No, it pisses me off too. I've had to calm myself down a couple of times because I'm tired of bands that deserve the attention but don't get it. I know people would love Paramore, not as much as me && some of the people here, but they'd still love it. Or at least the people I go to school with. I've played MiseryBusiness && Emergancy for some non-Paramore fans && they've pretty much all said the same thing, "How come we don't hear this on the radio?"

Which is my question too && I've been a fan for almost six months. I just don't get it. I honestly don't. What makes these other bands/artist like T.I or Beyonce more special then Cute Is What We Aim For or say, the Used [[okay, kind of bad examples but...just deal with me here]]? Beyonce [[sorry if I offend anyone in the process]] is a total sell out. Take for example what happened at one of her preformances where she wasn't even singing. Why do people && radio stations pay so much money for sell outs, real sell outs. She left her own band, the band that made her who she is right now. [[still talking about Beyonce]]. && T.I is just some guy who can talk && ryhme really fast. What do people see that's so great?

ahh.. i know. its like do they even know music! ive been a paramore fan fo rliek a year and half and ithey 100% deserve a nomination. i mean LIL MAMA BEAT THEM FOR BREAK THROUGH ARTIST! apparently lip gloss is more important. seriosuly does lil mama even HAVE TALENT! haveing other ppl write her songs and she just raps. and she cant even sing at all.

and TI. dam where is this thing called talent. i think mtv forgot about it.

paramore deservesss it so much more

and so many other bands

the used, the almost, MCR! wtf. they didnt even put mcr in it becuz apparently teenagers was just a little to "violent". mtv can talk about whores and sluts half naked on tv but in the teenagers vid they can even say the word shirt.

gawd mtv seriously is killing me now.

i will help u with ur compliant letters.

agh mtv

Yes.

We talk about how rock is so bad for kids?! How it turns people into cutters?! Um, hello, the rap crap is about ten times worse: "gunna get the girl all laid"?; "watch dim girls, on dem poles"?; "drivebys, shootings, rape, gangbang"? This is the music you want to be playing through the radio?! This, this--please excuse my language--shit. That's what it is though. It's nothing. It has no point whatsoever. && the lyrics are way more explict then anything compared to the Used or the Almost. They expect me to belive that utter nonsense, that they can't play it because it's violent?!

They have got to be playing some type of sick cruel joke.

I'm already starting to write my letters now. Anyone besides Kiersten gonna help me? You don't have to write letters even, at least vote for Paramore on TRL. I know it'll probably never get us anywhere but hey, who knows.

ahh agreed. they had the same artist who had won the same awards liek every year. (kanye, FOB, fergie, rihanna.chris brown. etc) its like ok i get it there music is supposivly "good" now can they get some differnt music.

rap takes no talent. all it takes is a beat ryming some words together and bigger the artist gets is determined by how many slutty females they get in there vids.

i was soo mad. i could not believe how narrow minded mtv was. if its not 100% exepted the mainstream public . then mtv doesnt like it.

im soo sick of crappy music. im stickin with fuse

Your stupidity amazes me.

Obviously a lot of people like these artists. Just because YOU don't personally like them, doesn't mean they're not "good" and it doesn't mean they don't have talent.

I'm really amused by that fact that YOU'RE calling someone narrow minded

I'm not saying Paramore doesn't deserve to get an award, but can you understand why they're not? They just recently started getting noticed by mtv. They haven't even been on the countdown yet. These nominations are from the whole past year, not just the past few months.

Yes.

We talk about how rock is so bad for kids?! How it turns people into cutters?! Um, hello, the rap crap is about ten times worse: "gunna get the girl all laid"?; "watch dim girls, on dem poles"?; "drivebys, shootings, rape, gangbang"? This is the music you want to be playing through the radio?! This, this--please excuse my language--shit. That's what it is though. It's nothing. It has no point whatsoever. && the lyrics are way more explict then anything compared to the Used or the Almost. They expect me to belive that utter nonsense, that they can't play it because it's violent?!

They have got to be playing some type of sick cruel joke.

I'm already starting to write my letters now. Anyone besides Kiersten gonna help me? You don't have to write letters even, at least vote for Paramore on TRL. I know it'll probably never get us anywhere but hey, who knows.

People think all rock is depressing and encouraged cutting for the same reason you think all rap is pointless crap.

There IS a lot of depressing or whatever rock, and there IS a lot of rap about the things you mentioned. But it's not all like that.

A lot of people like rap. There's a lot of rap on mtv. If you don't like it, why do you watch mtv?

1. dont ever call someone stupid for stating an opinion

2.thats YOUR opinion, obviously some of us think otherwise.

We all have different opinions, no ones stupid because of it.

Okay, okay. I didn't call you stupid for stating your opinion, what I meant was that your opinion makes so sense and is very narrow minded.

Just please explain to me how mtv is narrow minded for not nominating Paramore?

Well its not only the fact they didnt nominate paramore, but the fact that there is so many great up and coming bands that weren't even nominated for that vma. They chose like Carry Underwood and some rap people. They choose the same people year after year, and we'd just like to see some variety once in a while.

Well its not only the fact they didnt nominate paramore, but the fact that there is so many great up and coming bands that weren't even nominated for that vma. They chose like Carry Underwood and some rap people. They choose the same people year after year, and we'd just like to see some variety once in a while.
They only choose people year after year if they're successful year after year.

They don't nominate people based on their personal feelings towards the artists, they do it based on how well the songs did on trl and whatnot.

that is true. I just rly think the nominees for some of the categories were so lame this year.

Yeah, not that I don't like some of them. I just think some of the people that got nominated this year for upcoming just shouldn't be there. It's not that I'm mad that Paramore isn't up there, it's just the fact MTV has become so overrated. && you're right GerBertMcWay--it is how songs did on TRL && what not. But if that's the case how come BoysLikeGirls isn't up there? They've been doing very well on TRL. It's not just the fact that I do in fact BLG but if what you're saying is true then how come they aren't an up&coming band?

Your stupidity amazes me.

Obviously a lot of people like these artists. Just because YOU don't personally like them, doesn't mean they're not "good" and it doesn't mean they don't have talent.

I'm really amused by that fact that YOU'RE calling someone narrow minded

I'm not saying Paramore doesn't deserve to get an award, but can you understand why they're not? They just recently started getting noticed by mtv. They haven't even been on the countdown yet. These nominations are from the whole past year, not just the past few months.

omg are u serious. dude i dont wanna start a fight with u or anything cuz thats just dumb. but mtv cant seem to get out of the rap hip hop with all there music.

but for break through artist there have beenalot more than lil mama and carrie under wood.

they just dont nominate good music. actual rock music. mcr didnt even make it this. thats messed up. mtv are giving out arawrds to ppl who are just gonna b a trend. i mean lil mama didnt have to do any work to get this famous, paramore and many other bands did. i dont think mtv give any other music credit.

rap music. doesnt take talent. and pop. all these are all lucck.

seriously donot start an argument saying im stpid. ur making this a a bigger deal.

Yeah, not that I don't like some of them. I just think some of the people that got nominated this year for upcoming just shouldn't be there. It's not that I'm mad that Paramore isn't up there, it's just the fact MTV has become so overrated. && you're right GerBertMcWay--it is how songs did on TRL && what not. But if that's the case how come BoysLikeGirls isn't up there? They've been doing very well on TRL. It's not just the fact that I do in fact BLG but if what you're saying is true then how come they aren't an up&coming band?
Because these awards are from the WHOLE year.

And Boys Like Girls have only been doing well really recently.

Because these awards are from the WHOLE year.

And Boys Like Girls have only been doing well really recently.

than explain why mcr wasnt up there? they have done incredible this year. and linkin park for only one nomination. thats soo dumb. they did great too.

*interrupts argument thing*

Meh I'm kinda p/o'd that they weren't nominated, but then again if they did get nominated and won, there would be like all the little fangirls who think they like them from like 2 songs, and I really don't want that for them...I didn't want it for MCR and it happened, so I REAAAAAAALLLLLLYYYYYY don't want it for Paramore.

*interrupts argument thing*

Meh I'm kinda p/o'd that they weren't nominated, but then again if they did get nominated and won, there would be like all the little fangirls who think they like them from like 2 songs, and I really don't want that for them...I didn't want it for MCR and it happened, so I REAAAAAAALLLLLLYYYYYY don't want it for Paramore.

i know.. that bugs me. but paramore deserves just it, all the teenies are gonna go crazy.

with mcr i took my friends to one of there concerts cuz apparently she luvvs them. and i asked her how many songs she knows shes like "omg i know famous last words and WTTBP.. GERARD IS SOOO HAWTTT"

ah that drives me insane.

if/wen that happens to paramore i might go crazzy. :willy_nilly: