Kerrang! Review Astoria gig

WayneFarro

True. But Hayley is the main part of Paramore. Bands often replace frontmen with other guys but who could replace Hayley?

To be honest, most bands are stuffed without their vocalist.

If a guitarist is changed the song sounds exactly the same but every person's voice is unique so of course they could never be replaced. That's the only difference between a singer and other members of a band. She stands out because she's one of the minority of females in bands and her voice is something special so it excentuates that and it's why Kerrang keeps picking up on it and claiming it's her band or whatever.

It doesn't bother me that it's not 5 K's but they say "This evening has lots going for it: it has energy, it has enthusiasm, it has a sense of fun that is its own reward. What it doesn't have is a melody that can be recalled during the tube ride home.What Paramore needs is a sense of pop brilliance on which to rest all of their other charms."

Since when was kerrang! a pop magazine?

Nice photos regardless.

Well, once again I wrote to Kerrang. I tried to be reasonable and only pointed out facts that I felt they'd got wrong...it's not like I was immature and wrote shit like OMGZZ!! YOU GUYZ SUCK PARAMORE R00LZ...=P

Subject: you probably won't have the balls to print this, but

whatever

Body: Well, what a pile of crap that review was. Why is it that you feel the need to make such a point about Hayley commanding the stage and being, essentially, the "leader" of the band. If I'm not mistaken, most lead singers take the stance of "leader". Gerard Way, Adam Lazzara, even Ozzy back in the day; it's almost like just because Hayley is a female, it's completely different. It's opinions like this which make it increasingly difficult for females in the rock music industry. The comparisons between Avril Lavigne and High School Musical are just getting worn out now too. Sure, Paramore may be fairly "poppy", but so are Fall Out Boy, Hellogoodbye, Panic! At The Disco...again it's just the fact that Hayley is a female in a band. The thing that REALLY hacked me off about the review though, was the suggestion that Paramore might just be a band set-up by the record label? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I've been a Paramore fan since the beginning, and to me a suggestion like that is like saying that, oh I dunno, Lemmy is gay. Seriously, that's how preposterous it is. I feel like next time one of your ignorant reviewers goes to a Paramore show, or listens to a Paramore CD, maybe they should consider the fact that they are a promising, talented, and very friendly bunch of kids who are doing alot for the music scene right now. After all, you have them on your cover almost every week to shift a few hundred extra copies..

PS. That "bloke on guitar" who isn't on Paramore's myspace page is Taylor York, and he isn't on the page because he's not a member, he's just a stand-in member for tours. Get your facts right first you muppets.

"Any more wholesome and this would be like watching High School Musical, let alone Avril Lavigne"

umm avril and HSM...

hmm... im not seeing ANY comparasin.

btw i dont find hsm wholesome (err im pretty sure every one has heard about vannessa anne huges) hahah

seriosuly.

1. kerrang cant insult ppl with out sounding liek blubberig idiots

2. a majority of bands wont be anything with out the frontmen/woman.

3. if they hate paramore then why give them soo much attention...

ah stupid kerrang