The Jonas Brothers

hardcore_ashlyn

Why do I keep forgetting that checking out bands recommended here is a waste of time?

Seriously, these "Jonas Brothers" are the biggest load of shite I've heared in a long time.

and posting in these threads is ridiculous too.

not everyone likes your hardcore music.

some people like pop music too

so why don't you just leave and stop giving the jonas brothers such a hard time.

They're not any good at playing the instruments they claim to be good at playing, though. I could pick up a guitar, give me half an hour, tops and I could write something on it. It would be shite, just for argument's sake I'd only strum two alternating chords, but I could still write something. The thing is, I'd know it was crap, and I'd know that anyone who knows anything about music would also know it was crap, thus, logically, I wouldn't sell it to anyone. Writing something isn't difficult. Writing something skillful, is.

They're not any good at playing the instruments they claim to be good at playing, though. I could pick up a guitar, give me half an hour, tops and I could write something on it. It would be shite, just for argument's sake I'd only strum two alternating chords, but I could still write something. The thing is, I'd know it was crap, and I'd know that anyone who knows anything about music would also know it was crap, thus, logically, I wouldn't sell it to anyone. Writing something isn't difficult. Writing something skillful, is.

excuse me, but i don't remember the jonas brothers going around talking about how amazing they are at playing their instruments.

& i'm not sure about the whole writing thing.

have you ever actually payed attention to their lyrics?

say, A Little Bit Longer?

I agree with you mate, but it's not to say that some people couldn't enjoy it though? I could pick out a good few songs which start with a fairly simple repetitive chord that I still enjoyed. To you, musical expertise seems to be essential for your enjoyment of an act. Well, that's what I've gathered anyway. But to some, connecting with the lyrics, or just enjoying the song cause it's fun is more important.

But to some, connecting with the lyrics, or just enjoying the song cause it's fun is more important.

Thats what I said earlier. Music isnt all about being an expert at the instrument you play. There are many factors to what makes music enjoyable. Plus, we're all allowed to have our own personal preferences.

What makes the Jonas Brothers talented to me is the fact that they are extremely talented performers, you can't argue that, they put on a good show if you like it or not, and if you've actually listened to some of their music other than just the singles they do have meaning. Hold On may not be one of my favorite songs by them, but I love the meaning behind it, Hollywood has meaning behind it too, so do A Little Bit Longer and Sorry. There are more but I'm not gonna list out every single song.

And hello, have you heard Can't Have You?

Also, they do harmonize very well, and it's not just because they're related, they practice, you know...they work at it. And you can't say they don't play theyre instruments well, because it's pretty obvious thay they do. (and when did they ever claim they were good at it anyway?)

Anyway, we don't want to make you fall in love with the jonas brothers or anything, if you don't like them well that's just fine and dandy, I probably don't like a lot of the music you listen to, but I'm not going on threads about the bands you like and bashing them, making fun of you for liking them or anything like that. You're wasting your time here, unless you really just want to learn more about why people like the jonas brothers, which I hiiiiiiiighly doubt is the case here.

You know, if you hate the jonas brothers so much, why don't you go start your own thread about it, let the fans talk in the fan thread and the haters talk in the haters thread, this is so ridiculous.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone in anyway, I didn't mean too, I'm just pretty sick of people coming in here and talking trash. I respect the fact that you like whatever music you like, all I want in return is that you respect my choice of music or whatever.

Seriously. This is bull.

That's my two cents.

• Like 2

Just read them. They're not exactly very deep, or thought provoking. Wouldn't say they were well written, either. All I gathered from it was that either he or someone else is dying from a terminal illness. Give me a while, and I'll be happy to pick them apart. It jus' sounds liek they're trying to be deep, without actually being deep.

Compare them to these, and tell me what you think:

The Soulforged - Blind Guardian

Twisted Jesus - Onslaught

Crack Rock Steady - Choking Victim

New Millenium Cyanide Christ - Meshuggah

World Funeral - Marduk (They're Swedish, English isn't even their first language.)

To me, it doesnt really matter if it's deep or thought provoking...it doesnt have to be. You don't have to be a philosopher to have talent in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I love deep music, but not all of it has to be. Sometimes you just need to put yourself out there, like Nick did when he wrote A Little Bit Longer. It's about his struggle with diabetes. It's meant to be encouraging, not to make you think. Sometimes music has to get a clear message across.

• Like 1

What makes the Jonas Brothers talented to me is the fact that they are extremely talented performers, you can't argue that, they put on a good show if you like it or not, and if you've actually listened to some of their music other than just the singles they do have meaning. Hold On may not be one of my favorite songs by them, but I love the meaning behind it, Hollywood has meaning behind it too, so do A Little Bit Longer and Sorry. There are more but I'm not gonna list out every single song.

And hello, have you heard Can't Have You?

Also, they do harmonize very well, and it's not just because they're related, they practice, you know...they work at it. And you can't say they don't play theyre instruments well, because it's pretty obvious thay they do. (and when did they ever claim they were good at it anyway?)

Anyway, we don't want to make you fall in love with the jonas brothers or anything, if you don't like them well that's just fine and dandy, I probably don't like a lot of the music you listen to, but I'm not going on threads about the bands you like and bashing them, making fun of you for liking them or anything like that. You're wasting your time here, unless you really just want to learn more about why people like the jonas brothers, which I hiiiiiiiighly doubt is the case here.

You know, if you hate the jonas brothers so much, why don't you go start your own thread about it, let the fans talk in the fan thread and the haters talk in the haters thread, this is so ridiculous.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone in anyway, I didn't mean too, I'm just pretty sick of people coming in here and talking trash. I respect the fact that you like whatever music you like, all I want in return is that you respect my choice of music or whatever.

Seriously. This is bull.

That's my two cents.

well said *reps*

I can deny they put on a good show. Infact, if I ever had to see them live, I'd probably have to mosh harder than I've ever moshed, just to make up for how bored I'd otherwise be. Which would probably result in a load of 15 year old kids going home in an ambulance.

How is it obvious that they play their instruments well? They can hardly even play, it's like they just picked up a guitar/drum/bass watched a couple of videos of their favourites playing, which were apparently rubbish too, and tried to imitate them. Poorly. When I first listen to a song, I usually listen out for examples of the musicians playing their instruments well and when I listened to Jonas Brothers, I came up with nothing. I look for good riffs, good beats, basslines, everything, and everything I heared was just pathetic.

If you want examples of musicians who play their instruments well, check out Dream Theater, Demons and Wizards, Onslaught, Biomechanical, Destruction...

I can deny they put on a good show. Infact, if I ever had to see them live, I'd probably have to mosh harder than I've ever moshed, just to make up for how bored I'd otherwise be. Which would probably result in a load of 15 year old kids going home in an ambulance.

How is it obvious that they play their instruments well? They can hardly even play, it's like they just picked up a guitar/drum/bass watched a couple of videos of their favourites playing, which were apparently rubbish too, and tried to imitate them. Poorly. When I first listen to a song, I usually listen out for examples of the musicians playing their instruments well and when I listened to Jonas Brothers, I came up with nothing. I look for good riffs, good beats, basslines, everything, and everything I heared was just pathetic.

If you want examples of musicians who play their instruments well, check out Dream Theater, Demons and Wizards, Onslaught, Biomechanical, Destruction...

bahahahaha thank you for saying this!

well theyres sooo many people that are in bands that are teenagers that are sooo much better then the JB's so being a teenager is not an accuse. theyres teenagers that arent signed to a label and they are sooo amazing.

and when youre signed to a record deal you cant be amaturish.

youre supposed to be amazing at what you do.

Good Lord.... who gives a flip?! They're teenagers! Leave them alone, they're allowed to be amatuers! Its obvious that you dont like them, we get it. Can you at least be respectful and let us talk about the Jonas Brothers without having to defend why?

Seriously!

And obviously...it is an opinion that they play their instruments well because I think they do and you think they don't. Rendering it an opinion.

I don't think theyre the best, honestly, but that doesnt mean they arent good. At least to me.