GIVE IT A NAME 2008

megazord

Hi All,

just so you are aware we have decided to move this years Give It A Name to avoid a clash with our good friends at Bamboozle U.S.

We have also decided that this year we will be taking the event to SHEFFIELD as well as Earls Court....

The line up is coming together great and we'll have more info in November...

laters

Johnny

From a bulletin the GIAN myspace posted.

Who's gonna be going then? I'm praying Paramore play because tbh I don't think it's too unlikely.

Same Gib. I went to the first one and it was so badly organised, I was put off and didn't go the next year, even though Paramore were playing. But then I went this year and it was wayyy better, it made me gutted I didn't go in '06!

Yeah the first year was so bad that not even Paramore's first trip over here could convince me go to 06. Tbh it was only them, gym class and MWC I wanted to see so it would have been a waste of money anyways really. Last year Kevin Devine was the only act I wanted to see.

I might go to just one day depends on the line up really...

It's just something to do haha, i'm not especially looking forward to it or anything

Last year i like didn't eat anything all day...and yeah i had to go to the hospital in the morning haha

A mistake i shall not make again

i went to gian '06 and had a great time.

last year i didnt go cause of my 10 hour art gcse the following 2 days, i didnt think it would be too good if i were tired etc.

i might go this year, probely only if paramore play.

i dont think i like as much of the type of bands who play @ gian anymore to really enjoy it that much.

i've always wanted to go to one of these massives festivals held overseas. you guys always seem to have really amazing lineups.

DONT EVER WASTE YOUR MONEY ON COMING OVER HERE FOR GIAN! It really is a joke of a festival. You guys got boozle and warped which are a million times better than GIAN. Let us come to you for this sort of festival.

Come over for the Reading and Leeds festival though.

really?

i actually hate warped. the only reason i really go is obviously for our little darlings.

other than that its just really hot and sweaty and dusty and dirty.

i guess the sweat/dust/dirt could be annoying =P but trust me, if you'd lived over here your whole life you would really wanna go to warped. really badly.

i guess the sweat/dust/dirt could be annoying =P but trust me, if you'd lived over here your whole life you would really wanna go to warped. really badly.

mehh i've been to warped and i can't say it was fab. i think it's possible that festivals can be 'too overdone' and too big :???: i personally see warped as more of a day to wonder around browsing tents with a nice soundtrack playing over the top.

Damn right but for me I've wanted to go to Boozle. Next year I live the dream. But yeah UK festivals like GIAN and TOC and even Download now are just really poor versions of the US festivals.

Definately. TOC is the worst, the US version was amazing (I have the DVD ;-) )

Warped is something I've always wanted to do. Maybe if I got off my lazy arse and got a job I'd have the money for it =P

Yeah that's why I'm pulling the finger out and going to NJ next year for boozle for sure. Would love to do warped sometime but all the bands I have spoken said it get so fucking hot at nearly every date and seeing as us Brits can't handle the heat.

• 2 months later...