practice tips

Defiance

well basically when im learning a song on guitar, and im not with my band, i put it on my ipod then play my guitar at a volume whats about right to go with the song, so i can keep in time when it comes to actually playing it, anyone else got good tips?? oh and ive got a good tip to build up finger strength, from slash himself, put some damn heavy strings on your guitar like some not even slinkys or what ever, play with them for a month or two then put some normal ones on again everything will be so easy, tested and proven. :mrgreen:

learn scales,major and minor pentatonic, and blues are the best for rock solos, play the scales over and over until you can play them quickly and easily, then just improvise on them throw in some bends, slides, hammers, pulls whatever just do what you think feels right. :)

well, i built up strength by playing on an acoustic, and the callues came naturally. and for solos...how do you do them? like moving fingers fast enough?

well if u dont want to do scales (wich i highly recommend. i can send u copies of some i know if u want) then do a solo start it out really slow so it at the same pace. then slowly start to get faster. but start out slow cuz if u go fast some strings are going to be harder to hit than others so it gonna sound funny if u cant it it right... idk how to explain it exactly. but take ur time.

try really easy solos at first too..

emergency is a fairly easy one.

then start to build up to harder stuff..

but like i said. scales are always the best to start off on

ive been playing uitar for about 2 years now. and all i can say is practice. or get a teacher. even if its just for amonth or two cuz they can show u easier ways to pick and stuff..

ohh yea. a little tip ive learned is dont pick so hard on the strings and go in a up down motion. its should help speed