Singers?

DearDestruction

Alright I decided to make this thread to all the singers out there. Anyone else love to sing? If so do you take vocal lessons, or in a band?

I'm currently in a band. I'm the lead singer and I play piano.

The band was formed this summer of 2007.

Here's our band Myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/musicislife8164

(We currently don't have a name yet. But if any of you guys have any awesome band names and want to share them with me, I'd be more than happy to hear them.)

:)

wow you kind of remind me of Evanescence!! like alot! =]

awww thankyou.

I get that quite a bit.

The song on there is actually a choir song I'm hoping to collaborate with classmates of mine in my music theory class later on this year. It's not fully finished, it's still copyrighted, but that song clip is more of a rough draft.

well.. I sing...and play lots of instruments...and if you want help with a band name or soemthing, you would have to PM me and we could brainstorm..we had lots of ideas that my band tossed about... but yeah... if you want help with that, i could help a little...

but yeah.... you guys are really good...

but yeah...im like the main writer/guitarist/drummer/bassist right now, just cuz we're recording...but yeah, I love your guys's sound and stuff..good style...cool beans

Do you take voice lessons? (That's to the original poster) I love my voice coach so much. Sadly I will be without her for 2 weeks because I'm going to Idaho haha. I'm not in a band because I just can't find anybody that I really want to work with her, everybody in Vegas thinks that just because P!ATD and The Cab got signed that they should just get a deal handed to them and they don't want to work. Eventually my voice coach will be helping me write some songs and when I get them recorded I'll definitely share with everybody on here!

Do you take voice lessons? (That's to the original poster) I love my voice coach so much. Sadly I will be without her for 2 weeks because I'm going to Idaho haha. I'm not in a band because I just can't find anybody that I really want to work with her, everybody in Vegas thinks that just because P!ATD and The Cab got signed that they should just get a deal handed to them and they don't want to work. Eventually my voice coach will be helping me write some songs and when I get them recorded I'll definitely share with everybody on here!

Yes I do take voice lessons. :) Like Hayley, I noticed a huge improvement with my voice after even just a couple lessons of taking them. I've been taking them for about 3 or 4 years now. Well when you do get some recordings. I would love to hear them! :)

i LOVE singing. i sing in the shower, at the grocery store, in school. everywhere. haha.

i was in choir my freshman year, 2 years ago. i really miss it. it really improved my voice.

i'm not taking voice lessons, but i'm going to take them this coming up year.

possibly with the same guy hayley took lessons from, if that's possible.

^ OOooOooo That's pretty sweet. I'm also in my school's choir. Last year we actually all were invited to sing at Carnegie Hall in NY. So we all raised enough money to go. We just watched the video of our performance like a week ago. The tape cost $300 for our school to get. I would share, but it says no Copy, No Broadcasting at the bottom of the screen. Not one student could get a copy of it.:(

Carnagie Hall is something I'll never forget.

I LOVE SINGING! my mom sings and was in a lot of bands as a kid, and thats were i get it from. i was in 2 plays in grade school, one of them i was one of the main characters. i am in choir now for an elective. it pretty awesome, but recently i have been sick, so no singing for me, at least not very well aah.

i really want to start a band, but i dont know anyone who really plays anything, except my mom. (who said she would teach me guitar and never did)

^

aww well I'm sure you'll find a band someday. I actually kinda taught myself how to play the piano before I took lessons. If you really want to start a band. You could post up adds everywhere, such as Coffee shops, movie stores and music stores.That's what I did Not even with 2 hours of posting I got a phone call, my dad was surprised. But where I live, which is in Wisconsin, there's music happening everywhere. It was interesting to talk to different musicians that would call from seeing my add, they were from the ages of 16-37. But eventually the guy who is the drummer in our band called me. Me and my dad met up with him, and we talked. We decided to meet up again, so I could meet everyone, and I did. We've been inseperable since.

i can honestly say.....i dont/cant sing at all! [=

but i like listening to people sing...if they're good.=p

haha, i love you meg hahaha!

i think ill post me singing, its a cover of dark blue by jack;s mannequin. its short cause the thingy thing didnt go as long as the song. and its not 'amazing' cause it was like just me randomly singing.

haha, 1st i have to find it...

I can sing quite good and I love to sing.Years ago,I won competitions too,but I think,right now,my voice is worse lol :D I was in the school choir for 7 years but in the high school,there isn't a choir to sing...I miss it a bit,but I sing alone at home everyday (x

Yes I do take voice lessons. :) Like Hayley, I noticed a huge improvement with my voice after even just a couple lessons of taking them. I've been taking them for about 3 or 4 years now. Well when you do get some recordings. I would love to hear them! :)

Same here. After 2 weeks everything had changed, it was incredible.

And was it cheap_perfume who said they might take lessons with Brett (Hayley's coach)? My voice teacher is actually friends with him, because she's an SLS instructor so they know each other through that. I'm hoping either this summer or next year to get down to Nashville and do the workshop he does where he gives you lessons & you have dinner with him and get his dvds and all that jazz.

dude! ^jessssssss....

you live in vegas...badical...that was a bit random and oldschool all in one..anyways...

yeah..im in vegas right now on vacation, and I was like reading your posty thingy in here about the whole panic! thing and stuff...and I was like..."same here..hmmm too bad i aint in vegas" then i remembered i was in vegas....but then i remembered that i dont live here...then i was gonna say something about bands and crap, then i remembered i was already in one, i didnt live in vegas, and i forgot all that somehow...hmmm...maybe when my parents dragged me to circuscircus, all the smoke got to my head...or wait..that was the sahara...nevermind..i might just have some issues with insanity...BAH! RANDOM!

I sing a lot. Never had a vocal coach or anything. Well i guess you could say i have had but not officially. When i started music GCSE a group of four of us chose singing as our 'instument' (because even tho i play guitar and can do some simple bass, drums and piano i just felt that i'd be okay singing) and my friend Jade was trained as a singer from age 3 so her and my music teacher gave us tips for getting the best from our voices. After 2 years it was at a point where we were all singing solo and taking our voices to new levels. I'm so glad i had these people cos now i have so much confidence in myself and in my voice. So much that i've applied for next year's X-Factor (UK equivalent of American Idol).

I sing a lot. Never had a vocal coach or anything. Well i guess you could say i have had but not officially. When i started music GCSE a group of four of us chose singing as our 'instument' (because even tho i play guitar and can do some simple bass, drums and piano i just felt that i'd be okay singing) and my friend Jade was trained as a singer from age 3 so her and my music teacher gave us tips for getting the best from our voices. After 2 years it was at a point where we were all singing solo and taking our voices to new levels. I'm so glad i had these people cos now i have so much confidence in myself and in my voice. So much that i've applied for next year's X-Factor (UK equivalent of American Idol).

That's awesome! Yea beliving in yourself is key. I belive in myself and my band, that's my driving force. But I'm not concieted about it, it's just important to believe in yourself, it will get you to the next level. Good luck with X-Factor!

That's awesome! Yea beliving in yourself is key. I belive in myself and my band, that's my driving force. But I'm not concieted about it, it's just important to believe in yourself, it will get you to the next level. Good luck with X-Factor!

It honestly is. For my final performace i was singing a really hard song and had to keep going into my head voice for the note cos i honestly didn't believe i could reach the note. But as soon as i said i could reach it i did.

I haven't actually got a clue how i'm gunna manage to sing in front of the judges but i'll just pretend i'm on stage at my old school singing for my GCSE performance and i know i'll do fine =D