PARAMORE UNVEIL NEW VIDEO AND SINGLE!

luca19

Fueled By Ramen recording group Paramore has released ?That?s What You Get,? the latest single from their RIAA gold-certified second album, ?RIOT!,? impacting now at Modern Rock and Top 40 radio outlets nationwide. The track?s companion video clip ? directed by Marcos Siega (Weezer, All-American Rejects, Sara Bareilles) ? had its all-day ?Unleashed? premiere on MTV2 last week and will premiere on MTV?s ?TRL? on April 8th. The video has hit #1 on the iTunes Alternative Video Chart and #6 on iTunes overall Video Chart in less than one week.

Paramore recently celebrated the single?s release with a high-profile concert appearance on ABC?s Jimmy Kimmel Live on April 4th. This week, MTV and mtvU will premiere its annual Spring Break extravaganza, taped in Panama City, Florida earlier this month (check local listings).

Paramore also has a full-on touring itinerary which will see the Grammy Award-nominated punk-pop quartet traveling through the summer. First up, the band is currently on a major co-headline tour, sharing the bill with Jimmy Eat World. The tour kicked off April 1st in San Antonio, Texas, with shows continuing through early May. In addition, the Tennessee-based band will be among the headliners at 2008?s two Bamboozle festivals: the Bamboozle Left on Saturday, April 5th in Irvine, California; and the Bamboozle on Saturday, May 3rd at the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East, Rutherford, New Jersey. From there, the band will cross the Atlantic to headline the UK?s annual Give It A Name festival, stated for May 10th and 11th in London and Sheffield, respectively.

Paramore?s summer schedule will officially begin on June 30th with a headline show as part of Milwaukee?s yearly Summerfest celebrations. Next on the agenda will be an eagerly awaited slate of mainstage appearances on the upcoming Vans Warped Tour (July 1 ? 6), the band?s fourth consecutive year on the tour.

?RIOT!? made an explosive chart entry upon its June 2007 release. Boasting two top 5 Modern Rock radio hits in ?Misery Business? and ?Crushcrushcrush,? the album quickly went on to achieve RIAA gold certification, with sales now over 800,000. An array of accolades followed, including a ?Best New Artist? nod at this year?s 50th Annual Grammy Awards and ?Band of the Year? honors from Alternative Press. Having toured nearly non-stop since coming together in 2004, Paramore recently sold out every show of its 22-date North American headline trek.

For tour dates check out the shows page: http://www.paramore.net/shows

from: http://paramore.net/postDetails/2008/04/07/paramore-unveil-new-video-and-single/

i think Riot is going to be certified platinum IMO. and their next will have an even bigger impact.

There's no way it won't @ the pace they're going now. Riot!, according to Wikipedia, has sold 750K albums. 1 Million sales is Platinum. I think more people like them deserve this kind of success, especially today in a world of entertainers no one can look up to.

There's no way it won't @ the pace they're going now. Riot!, according to Wikipedia, has sold 750K albums. 1 Million sales is Platinum. I think more people like them deserve this kind of success, especially today in a world of entertainers no one can look up to.

I'll give them another month or so and they're sales will reach platinum. Gah, I'm so happy for them. They really do deserve all of this success.

i definitely agree

even once mtv and the radio are over them, like mentioned, they have enough long-term loyal fans to keep them going