Paramore: Strengths/Weaknesses

aberk

^ well like i said, its my opinion. and i think that he is a VERY underestimated bassist. he hasnt even had a chance to really be heard because of the type of genre his band is. he is amazing right now and i know he could do so much better if he really tried.

anyway..i personally put him right up there with all those other guys.

Thats basically what I'm saying, he's one of a the best bassist for his genre even though you couldn't hear it in Riot. I actually get inspired by Jeremy catchy bass riffs. No doubt he is good, you just can't hear it. But I think it's fair to say that you can't compare Jeremy to greats like Harris and Lee who have been around for decades. I just don't feel he has earned it, he's good, but not a legend.

I got the vibe from the original poster that bands NEED to have solos in their songs in order to be "perfect" or words to that effect. I don't find soloing an essential part of the music. Sure, I like a good solo now and again, but what's a good solo if the rest of the song around it is shite?

"I would consider them absolutely amazing if they were able to melt faces with the guitar every once in a while"

That's just down to taste if I'm being honest. My favourite bands don't "melt faces" but I consider them absolutely amazing. I could just as easily come on here and say my favourite band is "The Wu Tang Clan" and I want Hayley to start rapping because it's what's missing from their sound. It's the same principle in essense.

A band isn't going to just throw in solo's into every song because they like them. Well, they might, but I'd think it was unlikely. Paramore have got a formula, of sorts, which if they stick by they will make them very successful.

The only thing I've ever found missing is a bit of expansion in their music, which they do live, but not on CD. A bit more of that on album3 please :)

I've noticed Hayley's voice varies when she's singing. It's both a weakness and a strength. When I saw her in Orlando, Glasgow and Radio 1's weekend, it was almost perfect!

But the soundcheck video I noticed her voice was breaking :(

I love how Hayley does the call at the end of Let The Flames Begin.

That's definatley a strength as it takes guts to sing about that infront of a huge audience.

Atleast she can adjust her vocal level without moving the microphone to do it for her.

Here's looking at you Ronnie Winter! (amongst others)

Next time you go to a gig, look out for the lead singer moving the mic as they sing to change their voice level.

Ronnie Winter (RJA) and Shaant Hacikyan (CIWWAF) have been two of the biggest offenders I've seen. Shane Henderson (Valencia), Aled Jones (KIGH) and Martin Johnson (BLG) all done it to a lesser extent.

I wouldn't be surprised if Adam Lazzara (TBS) does it aswell. And I vaguely remember Gabe of Cobra Starship doing it aswell, it's quite a common thing really. I'd probably do it too:P haha

well i've said this before but yeah i think the guitars are probably the weakest part and that doesnt mean they're bad and i dont think its reaslly josh's fault or anything but i just think he has to be more dynamic, the new intros/outros are sounding amazing and thats the kinda stuff i mean and if the new album is like those then i think everything will be perfect on it.