Rage Against The Machine

Defiance

do i really even need to say much?

Pochoir_Killing_in_the_Name.JPG

RATM_-_Burningamp.jpg

political rap rock. yes.

there are some songs at the bottom but read these quotes, its what the band are all about....

if you havent heard of them just listen up cause they are fucking amazing, and the message they tell is true. their lyrics mean something, unlike so many bands now a days, now listen up.

"America touts itself as the land of the free, but the number one freedom that you and I have is the freedom to enter into a subservient role in the workplace. Once you exercise this freedom you've lost all control over what you do, what is produced, and how it is produced. And in the end, the product doesn't belong to you. The only way you can avoid bosses and jobs is if you don't care about making a living. Which leads to the second freedom: the freedom to starve." - tom morello (RATM)

"When you live in a capitalistic society, the currency of the dissemination of information goes through capitalistic channels. Would Noam Chomsky object to his works being sold at Barnes & Noble? No, because that's where people buy their books. We're not interested in preaching to just the converted. It's great to play abandoned squats run by anarchists, but it's also great to be able to reach people with a revolutionary message, people from Granada Hills to Stuttgart." the bands reply to being called hippocrites

"A good friend of ours once said that if the same laws were applied to U.S. presidents as were applied to the Nazis after World War II […] every single one of them, every last rich white one of them from Truman on, would have been hung to death and shot—and this current administration is no exception. They should be hung, and tried, and shot. As any war criminal should be" a speach by zack de la rocha half way through "wake up" live in 2007

fox then slated them for this speach this was said the next time they played after that....

"A couple of months ago, those fascist motherfuckers at the Fox News Network attempted to pin this band into a corner by suggesting that we said that the president should be assassinated. Nah, what we said was that he should be brought to trial as war criminal and hung and shot. THAT'S what we said. And we don't back away from the position because the real assassinator is Bush and Cheney and the whole administration for the lives they have destroyed here and in Iraq. They're the ones. And what they refused to air which was far more provocative in my mind and in the minds of my bandmates is this: this system has become so brutal and vicious and cruel that it needs to start wars and profit from the destruction around the world in order to survive as a world power. THAT's what we said. And we refuse not to stand up, we refuse to back down from that position…"

and here are some tunes finally, and can i stress enough, listen up to the lyrics, or even look them up....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9TDgkOOlbwg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-58-36lSqG4&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tkJzXLL4890 probably the most energetic performance ive ever seen.

"A good friend of ours said that if the same laws were applied to U.S. Presidents as were applied to the Nazis after World War II that every single one of them, every last rich white one of them, from Truman on would've been hung to death and shot. And this current administration there's no exception. They should be hung and tried and shot...as any war criminal should be.

but the challenges that we face they go way beyond administrations, way beyond elections, way beyond every four years of pulling levers, way beyond that, because this whole rotten system has become so vicioulsy cruel that in order to sustain itself it needs to destroy entire countries and profit from their reconstruction in order to survive. thats not a system that changes every 4 years, its a system that we have to break down generation after generation..."

Zack De La Rocha's speech at coachella 2007

and this is the speech after fox slated the band for the first one

I only have the self-titled album, but yeah they're really good. :)

I love Tom Morello's playing style, such as how he uses all the whammy/wah/toggle effects to make these turntable-like sounds, or a handful of notes to make these really heavy or groovy riffs.

I only have the self-titled album, but yeah they're really good. :)

I love Tom Morello's playing style, such as how he uses all the whammy/wah/toggle effects to make these turntable-like sounds, or a handful of notes to make these really heavy or groovy riffs.

kill switch, and his hand thats all the bulls on parade scratching is, if you youtube tom morello it comes up with videos of him telling how to make his effects. get the battle of la if you can its the best album. renegades is a cover album so dont really bother with it unless you really want it, it is good, but doesnt show the message and the message is what rage are.

I got sick of them the first time around.

I like what they do but I don't really need a lecture everytime I listen to music....they either need to do something or at least stop whining on and on about it.

They were always better when they actually had fun and just covered songs and just had a break from the politics.

I got sick of them the first time around.

I like what they do but I don't really need a lecture everytime I listen to music....they either need to do something or at least stop whining on and on about it.

They were always better when they actually had fun and just covered songs and just had a break from the politics.

you really dont appreciate what RATM are

you really dont appreciate what RATM are

Oh I do or did.....I just had them rammed down my throat years ago by everyone at school and college but in the end I just got sick of the lectures.

I do enjoy them and their sound it's just like I said I don't need a lecture.

They are just one of those bands who are going to keep trying to show people how bad politicians are and how bad the world is because thats what they think is expected of them after they did it the first time around.

Oh I do or did.....I just had them rammed down my throat years ago by everyone at school and college but in the end I just got sick of the lectures.

I do enjoy them and their sound it's just like I said I don't need a lecture.

They are just one of those bands who are going to keep trying to show people how bad politicians are and how bad the world is because thats what they think is expected of them after they did it the first time around.

no its different to that they dont do it because its what people expect from them, they do it because its who they are, its what they are as a band, rage against the machine are a political message, if you dont like it thats your problem, the band broke up in 2000 because zack thought it was getting to the point that they where no longer expressing their message.

no its different to that they dont do it because its what people expect from them, they do it because its who they are, its what they are as a band, rage against the machine are a political message, if you dont like it thats your problem, the band broke up in 2000 because zack thought it was getting to the point that they where no longer expressing their message.

Like I say I do like them and their sound it's just their message which is somewhat lost now but hey each to their own and I have to say that it's good to see the "youth" get into a band that tries to have a message instead of just a style. :D

Like I say I do like them and their sound it's just their message which is somewhat lost now but hey each to their own and I have to say that it's good to see the "youth" get into a band that tries to have a message instead of just a style. :D

how can you say their message is lost? its stronger now than ever if anything.

and well tbh ive always been into the sorta stuff sex pistols etc music for moi

how can you say their message is lost? its stronger now than ever if anything.

and well tbh ive always been into the sorta stuff sex pistols etc music for moi

I just think it has run it's course and is now redundant and they are just treading water in order to seem like the band they were and to make cash and stay in the public view......but that's not a bad thing on it's own because they could influence newer bands and we could have some great music on the horizons :)

It's good to be into music with thought and meaning though and i'll not hold the fact that you like the sex pistols against you :rotfl:

rage have NOT sold out fuck i mean how else to get your message across than in the media in a world that is controlled by the media? zack did say something about someone claiming they sold out but i cant find the exact quote, but the message was, they would play fucked up underground clubs and make no money, but the thing is playing in front of 10,000 people gets your message across stronger than playing in front of 50 and its a message for the government, and they are the ones who need to take notice, if you want them to take notice, you need to make a big stand.

I never said they sold out (in so many words) I just think their message is lost and like every band that reform they are just in it for the money BUT this is my opinion and it should be kept as that instead of getting upset mate.

Sorry if I offended you because it wasn't meant that way

i love you you said "do i need to say much?" at the beginning but end up writing a friggin novel haha

but theyre great and raw, i love it.

yeh once i started writing i realised i would need to write a lot because most people can only see the music but not the message of rage