Beauty tips (skin treatment, hair and other stuff)

iOta

Tyra Banks told that she wore toothpaste over zits, it makes them easy to cover with make up when you take the toothpaste off (leave it for night)... Someone said it actually works.

it does, in a way - it just takes the redness out of spots before theyve fully turned into a whitehead.

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys Im Unsure What Colour To Dye My Hair Cause I Really Wanna Dye It For The First Time When I Go and See Flyleaf on March 22nd and I Really Have No Idea So Can U Help Me Decide

Black

Black and Red

Red

Dark Blue

Orange

Orange and Black

• 3 years later...

I've loved red hair for as long as I can remember (I remember asking my Mum when I was a tot why I didn't have "Ariel hair"  :-o). I've been considering dying it red (I don't want brash red, I'm thinking closer to the shade that Hayley had in the video for Pressure). I plan to go to the salon to get it done for the first time but it's maintaining it that's gonna be tricky. I plan to wash it in cold water with colour shampoo but I've been trying to find a product to keep the colour topped up with in between salon visits.

I've looked at Special Effects hair dye but it isn't available in the UK.

Any help would be appreciated.

i used to dye my hair red, been really tempted to do it again tbh i love red hair

i know some companies sell coloured shampoo/conditioner that you can use that will deposit colour in between visits but i can't think off the top of my head what they are now

i think bumble and bumble discontinued theirs

l'oreal may make some? under one of their more professional brands

you could probably make your own too with something like manic panic mixed into your regular conditioner

but even without that just taking really good care of your hair in general should help with the fade

anything that ruffles or opens the cuticle, especially heat, is your number one enemy

red hair fades faster than others because the actual colour molicules are bigger and more likely to seep out if the cuticle is left open

shower in as cool water as you can stand, sulfate-free shampoos are definitely worth looking into, and go as long between washings as you can

if you blowdry or iron your hair at all use it on a lower heat setting than you think you need and make sure you always use a heat protectant

hair products with sunscreen are also a good idea

i used to dye my hair red, been really tempted to do it again tbh i love red hair

i know some companies sell coloured shampoo/conditioner that you can use that will deposit colour in between visits but i can't think off the top of my head what they are now

i think bumble and bumble discontinued theirs

l'oreal may make some? under one of their more professional brands

you could probably make your own too with something like manic panic mixed into your regular conditioner

but even without that just taking really good care of your hair in general should help with the fade

anything that ruffles or opens the cuticle, especially heat, is your number one enemy

red hair fades faster than others because the actual colour molicules are bigger and more likely to seep out if the cuticle is left open

shower in as cool water as you can stand, sulfate-free shampoos are definitely worth looking into, and go as long between washings as you can

if you blowdry or iron your hair at all use it on a lower heat setting than you think you need and make sure you always use a heat protectant

hair products with sunscreen are also a good idea

Thanks for the tip! :) 

I tend to use dry shampoo on my hair quite a lot so I'm prepared to continue doing that. I already wash my hair in cold water so this shouldn't be a problem. :) I'm looking for some dye that will help in between colours online at the moment.

My hair has been red, purple, pink, teal... I've stopped after graduating high school but I am so tempted to do something again. 

L'Oréal Pulse was one of the brands I tried, but that's been discontinued. I've also tried Splat, which lasts quite awhile; I dyed my hair with their Pink Fetish 2 years ago and I still have streaks of it in my hair that you can see in the light. I don't know if it's carried in the UK, but you can probably buy it online. Here's a list of all their dyes.

i miss colouring my hair i used to do it all the time but then i got sick of the maintenance

right now i'm like MUST DYE HAIR but effort BUT PRETTY but effort

i'm also torn between cutting it and growing it out super long i'm the most indecisive person ever when it comes to my hair

My hair has been red, purple, pink, teal... I've stopped after graduating high school but I am so tempted to do something again. 

L'Oréal Pulse was one of the brands I tried, but that's been discontinued. I've also tried Splat, which lasts quite awhile; I dyed my hair with their Pink Fetish 2 years ago and I still have streaks of it in my hair that you can see in the light. I don't know if it's carried in the UK, but you can probably buy it online. Here's a list of all their dyes.

Thank you! :) I'll take a look.

I'm job hunting at the moment so it probably isn't the best time to dye it really bright. 

i miss colouring my hair i used to do it all the time but then i got sick of the maintenance

right now i'm like MUST DYE HAIR but effort BUT PRETTY but effort

i'm also torn between cutting it and growing it out super long i'm the most indecisive person ever when it comes to my hair

Lol :D My hair is just above shoulder length at the moment and highlighted blonde but it needs doing again. I don't wanna go blonde again but something needs to be done.

• 2 weeks later...

^ i usually resort to shaving mine too because i'm lazy but yeah i get redness too

waxing is obviously an option but it hurts and can get pretty expensive

epilators do basically the same thing and also hurt but not quite as bad because they only yank the hair and not the skin along with it

i have one but i never remember to use it haha

hair removal creams can work but personally i've never liked them, they smell awful (usually) and results don't last any longer than shaving

you can also try bleaching it

they sell body hair bleaching kits