i wanna get an electric guitar

bornforthis___x

yeah so i've been plaing acoustic for a couple years now and i want an electric. i don't really know that much about them or whatever so i thought maybe you guys could reccomend me a good one. =]

i play alternative (mostly) and i kind of have a limit of around $600

please and thank you!

• Like 1

Oh wow, there are so many good ones out there. What kind of style are you going for? What sound are you searching for?

I have a cheap Chinese knock-off of a Strat, but it has served me well for almost three years and I am very attached to it. It's mostly about the amp that you can get.

• Like 1

I have a Les Paul Custom in ivory, it is sex. They are heavy but if you get a thick sturdy strap and wear it properly it's not too bad. You could always go for an SG, which is much much lighter and provides relatively the same tone quality. In terms of Fender guitars I am partial towards telecasters. I despise strats...

Do you use strap locks?

well, whne i got a guitar, i got this package that comes wiht a fender stratocaster, amp, and cords to plug it up with for i thikn around $600. its really good, but the only problem is that it uses single pickups, and so when you tunr the overdrive on(the thing that makes it sound harder and more metal) it may make some fairly annoying buzzing and feedback sounds if you turn the volume up too much. so if the buzz and feedback become too annoying, you can pay like $80 to get a noise suppressor foot pedal, which will get rid of it, thats what i use right now.

i was thinking about an epiphone les paul, but i heard they're kinda heavy.

i don't really know.

Get that, It should be around that price but you'll get used to it, And once you do, All those other guitars will seem like "toys"

Put some good hum bucker's in it and it'll sound pretty good.

And the amp of course. Thats important.

The amps from Marshall under 1500 all suck. So unless you have more than that for an amp, Just don't bother.

Marshall's kind of suck unless they're more than that, So I think those others you mentioned would sound better then a marshall in a low price range.

Or perhaps Peavy.

Get either a Marshall, Orange, or Line 6 amp.

lol at you, i dont think she wants that much cash down for a first go. get a marshall, the od is shit, but with a pedal its all good, also if you get an sg or les paul you have so much tone it wont matter about having such weak od from the amp, unless you play metal, then you shouldnt be looking at those guitars anyway. marshalls have an awesome clean tone, but the overdrive is pretty weak, but then they are also the cheapest decent amp you will get.

if your getting fender, get a telecaster thinline, its the most beautiful guitar they produce, i love mine so much, i fell in love with it when i tried it out.

what you really need to do is just go and try some guitars out, cause you dont want to spend money on something that you arent really in with cause then you will want a new one in a few years.

here are some guitars i would recommend:

fender telecaster thinline (humbucker neck, humbucker bridge)

fender_tele_thinline.jpg

fender telecaster deluxe (think josh)

epiphone les paul studio

4134d1136912341-gibson-guitar-sale-glpstudio.jpg

ibanez rg350ex

ibanezbig.jpg

Dean dimebag tribute ML

270590.jpg

amp wise you cant go wrong with a marshall mg50dfx

sorry couldnt resist this thread, and all the crappy advice.

laters.

lol at you, i dont think she wants that much cash down for a first go. get a marshall, the od is shit, but with a pedal its all good, also if you get an sg or les paul you have so much tone it wont matter about having such weak od from the amp, unless you play metal, then you shouldnt be looking at those guitars anyway. marshalls have an awesome clean tone, but the overdrive is pretty weak, but then they are also the cheapest decent amp you will get.

if your getting fender, get a telecaster thinline, its the most beautiful guitar they produce, i love mine so much, i fell in love with it when i tried it out.

what you really need to do is just go and try some guitars out, cause you dont want to spend money on something that you arent really in with cause then you will want a new one in a few years.

here are some guitars i would recommend:

fender telecaster thinline (humbucker neck, humbucker bridge)

fender_tele_thinline.jpg

fender telecaster deluxe (think josh)

epiphone les paul studio

4134d1136912341-gibson-guitar-sale-glpstudio.jpg

ibanez rg350ex

ibanezbig.jpg

Dean dimebag tribute ML

270590.jpg

amp wise you cant go wrong with a marshall mg50dfx

sorry couldnt resist this thread, and all the crappy advice.

laters.

ALEX I WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU AND MAKE BABIES AND THEN HAVE SEX WITH THEM.

That sounded better in my head.....

The amps from Marshall under 1500 all suck. So unless you have more than that for an amp, Just don't bother.

Marshall's kind of suck unless they're more than that, So I think those others you mentioned would sound better then a marshall in a low price range.

Or perhaps Peavy.

apart from the fact that orange and line6 dont do cheapo amps, if you get orange, it has to be a cab. and line6 you want the higher end ones because the real reason you would get a line6 amp really is for the amp emulation they do, which is only any good on the high ends.