Current Favorite Songs

angelsleadyouin

haha i wasn't even gonna go til the very last minute.

i think gabe was a lot more talented back then (not to mention a completely different person)-- the stuff he's doing now is fun and everything, but its not exactly genius by any stretch

Yep, that exactly.

Man, I would have KILLED to see blink. I was 15 when they split up and I had been listening to them since I was about 9 but never got the chance to see them. But Midtown at the same show as well? That shit would have rocked HARD!

oh believe me, it did-- i was eleven and not exactly a show expert, but it was definitely worth it-- two iconic bands, at least in my book

blink I'd agree with. Without a shadow of a doubt, one of the bands of our generation.

Midtown, as much as I like them, I couldn't claim them to be iconic. They have more of a cult following though, with people posting everywhere wishing for them to reform. Like blink, but without the widespread recognition and commercial success which is why they aren't icons. In my eyes. :)

Oh yeah, totally. I'd say they are the glassJAw of their scene. Lots and lots of bands from that area will list them as an influence. Just as lots of bands from the LI scene will list glassJAw as one of theirs.

I'm still not sure whether or not I want to go with glassJAw or the Movielife, but I'll stick with glassJAw for now.:)