What is going on with the November 1st show in DC?

thebrowncoat

It's no longer listed on the Constitution Hall website. And tickets are no longer for sale on Ticketmaster. Has it been cancelled?!?!

This site shows the show as now taking place at the Nation in DC. That's cool, since it's a club...but I'm worried because this site doesn't show Paramore as opening this date (or a lot of others...)

Does anyone have any more info?

http://www.victoryrecords.com/StartFrameset.asp

Looks like I answered my own question. The show has indeed been moved to the Nation.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/15003B55E539B5ED?artistid=840419&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

On the plus side, it's a general admission club, not a theatre with seats. On the down side, my one trip there was not fun. It's not in the best part of town and I had to pay someone to "watch my car" so it wouldn't get broken into. Lovely.

I wish they'd moved it to the 9:30 Club instead.

Now...I just need to confirm that Paramore's still on the bill. I don't know why the Victory Records/Straylight Run page is listing Fefe Dobson on all these dates instead of Paramore.

I would go but I hate Nation sooooo much.

If only they joined the Funeral for a Friend tour three days earlier!!!

Oh and I'm new here' date=' hi.[/quote']

Hey, welcome.

Why do you hate Nation (other than the lovely part of town it's in?)

Hey' date=' welcome.

Why do you hate Nation (other than the lovely part of town it's in?)[/quote']

Well I hate the location obviously but also the set up. It's just too big and if you don't get there early, it's tough to get a good spot where you can see the band. I go to 9:30 club all the time, so I'm fairly biased towards it.

Hey' date=' welcome.

Why do you hate Nation (other than the lovely part of town it's in?)[/quote']

Well I hate the location obviously but also the set up. It's just too big and if you don't get there early, it's tough to get a good spot where you can see the band. I go to 9:30 club all the time, so I'm fairly biased towards it.

Yeah, I love 9:30. It's the best place to see a show. I wish they'd moved this show there.

Ok, so here's my post about the show...

As I'm walking up to the club, I see Hayley wearing a big red afro wig standing by the van (and by the way - I just feel sorry for the band - they're all packed into this tiny van and Plain White T's, Straylight Run and Simple Plan all have huge buses)...she notices my shirt (I broke the official concert rules and wore my Paramore shirt :) and says "hey - nice shirt", so I say "nice hair." :) She comes over and I talked to her for a few minutes - she was telling me all about the show in PA on Halloween and how they all dressed up (and now we've got photos - yay!) I asked her if they would play "Hallelujah" and she said since they only get 5 songs on this tour, they're playing stuff off the album (perfectly understandable...)

The show, of course, was great. They played the best version of "Pressure" I've ever heard them play - and they announced that the video's going to be on Fuse next week (so we all have to go vote for it in the Oven Fresh section!) They also played "All We Know", "Here We Go Again", "Whoa" and "My Heart." Too short, but ahh well. I managed to get right up to the front on the barricade for Paramore, so that was cool - Hayley seemed pleased that someone was singing along to every word and both she and Josh pointed me out a couple of times. After their set, I relinquished my spot - I'm too tall to stay up front and anyway, I wanted to go talk to the band.

Managed to talk to everyone at one point or another - they set up a table in the lobby with their banner on it and hung out there for a long time between all the sets and after the show. They seemed like they were still having a great time touring, although Jason complained that they're always on tour and don't even have internet access so they have no idea what's going on with anything :) They were all excited about having the day off today - I believe the plan was to go see Saw II whereever they're staying in VA. They were also joking around about their $40 a night motel that they were staying in after the show. Josh told me he thinks I look like one of his friends. Zac spent a lot of time wearing some really huge heart-shaped sunglasses. And the guys in the band were impressed that I'd seen them 3 times - clearly, they should come by this board - I'm certainly not the only person who's seen them that many times :)

Anyway, it was a great show and a great time. Now for the bad news. I have no decent pictures. The club wouldn't let anyone use anything other than a disposable camera or camera phones while the bands were playing - they were actually going out into the crowd and busting people they saw with digital cameras. I had asked about their policy beforehand and was told "no cameras", so I didn't even bring mine in. And I couldn't leave after Paramore's set to go get my camera out of the car because they wouldn't let you re-enter without paying again. So, that sucks. But, it was still an awesome night. And - random note - Hayley wore her favorite shirt again - the Yesterday's Rising one :) I should have asked her if that was her favorite shirt...

Anyway, that was long and rambling and doesn't really do the night justice, but ahh well...I'm relatively sure I saw nikitask at the show, so I'm sure she'll add more :)