The Infamous Spam Thread - Part 15

thebrowncoat

I just find a lot of pop music to be overly shallow to be honest, but that's just my opinion.

Only a few pop artists really do it for me, Paramore being one of them obviously, otherwise 95 per cent of what I listen to isn't pop I guess

Well, pop isn't entirely defined by just one sound.

It is pop music, but not in the same way as something like Britney Spears or whatever (sorry, I can't really name any modern pop artists cos I don't really follow what happens in the pop world, so that's the only example I could think of lol).

Yes, it combines elements of alternative rock, emo punk and even draws some elements from hardcore/post hardcore, but Paramore has a pop sensibility and generally the song structures are quite simple which is a typical sign of pop music.

I just think Paramore are genuinely good musicians, unlike a lot of modern pop artists who can't play instruments/can't even sing that well, that put a lot of heart into their stuff, which is why I love them.

I like them even more than some of the metal bands/hardcore bands I listen to now they are just that good, which is saying something cos I'm a metalhead/hardcore boy at heart haha