At The Drive-In

THISxFIRExBURNS

• 4 months later...

Weird, I did a search for them and nothing came up, but I found this anyway and it needs to be bumped because it's an awesome band that I'm sure some more people here can appreciate.

I am a metalhead at heart and I actually don't really get into their earlier stuff so much but Relationship of Command is one of my most favorite albums ever.

I first heard the album 5 years ago (2004), listened to it heaps for 2 years, didn't hear it again until last year and I was as blown away as the first time I heard it, in fact probably even more so now that I'm a musician.

The song writing is just perfect, the musicianship perhaps the peak of post hardcore of the time and most importantly, it's an emotional thrill ride from beginning to end.

The Vaya EP is also really awesome IMHO, especially the last track "198d", such a beautiful song and great dynamics.

ATDI is pretty much the band that made me want to dig deeper and learn more about the post hardcore genre.

I ended up getting into Thrice, Refused, Drive Like Jehu to name a few and love them too now.

I cant believe Omars sig Ibanez is only £250

I love his playing, don't get me wrong, but man that guitar looks like turd though lol, plus medium frets, ewww. I would not pay 250 pounds (or whatever that is in Australian dollars) for that when you can score a super awesome used RG or S series for the same dough. But whatever, I guess the guitar suits him because he is too weird to play conventionally shaped instruments like the RG and S series.

To be fair, I'm super biased because I come from the school of Ibanez RG series guitars, so I find it hard to get used to weird body shapes and anything smaller than jumbo frets.