LJ Post 4/3

Wildman

I don't know if this has been posted but I just got a RSS alert. Oh well:

Current location: band house

Current mood:tired.gifgroggy

Current music: "world news polka" ........ i dunno either.

Entry tags: 2009, leslie simon, the adolescents were so good tonight., warped tour, wish you were here

hello there!!!

hope all you smelly folks are feelin well. speakin, of smelly... warped tour is smelly... and jeremy and i went to the warped tour 2009 kick off party tonight at the key club! what a fun night. every year since 2005 we've stayed connected with friends from the warped tour and gone out there anywhere from a week to 2 1/2 months to get in on the chaos. it is my favorite tour to be a part of. sadly, this year we aren't gonna be out there... because we'll be on tour with No Doubt!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!! can't think of any better reason to skip out haha. i'm super duper stoked. (super duper!? really???) so anyways, since we knew we wouldn't be out there with all our warped buds, jerms and i decided to go to the party tonight and wish em a sssstellar summer.

while i was there i ran into a woman named Leslie Simon... who i'd only met indirectly through a long line of forwarded emails... you might know her as one of the geniuses behind a book called "Everybody Hurts: An Essential Guide to Emo Culture. well, now she's back with a book of her own... and it comes out this upcoming tuesday! the book is "Wish You Were Here: An Essential Guide to Your Favorite Music Scenes—from Punk to Indie and Everything in Between"... long title, eh? i've always enjoyed digging deep into bands and learning their story and where they came from. if you are big underground music history buff, as i often pretend to be (omgz hayley thinks she's so hxc!!) you'll love this book. so pick that shiz up on tuesday. or you can pre-order it here:

http://www.harpercollins.com/books/9780061573712/Wish_You_Were_Here/index.aspx

oh yeah, and yours truly gave a little quote for the book - but i've yet to see it in print.

so tomorrow, a few guys from the label are gonna swing by and check out some tunes. weeee. it's so exciting! hope they like em ;)

alright - i gotta get out of here. bamboozle left is tomorrow and we can't make it out there. bummer.. wish all the bands well who are playing tomorrow.. 50 cent included.

love ya'll!

hayley

Bahaha, the book is hilarious.

I managed to get it on Monday because the bookstore by my house always puts things out early, and its honestly hilarious! My mom was looking through it and cracking up, and thats saying something because my mom doesnt even know half of what it was talking about.

I've been listening to the live final riot cd in my car for the past week and its really made me miss these guys. i havent seen them in almost two years and i was really starting to grow apart from them. However the cd makes me remember why i fell in love with them. i really hope i get to see them on the no doubt tour, i miss them so much!