Harry Potter

x-Decode

i finally saw it last night... i can only agree with anyone, it's freaking great. and of course i also cried a lot haha.

and yeah it stuck to the book pretty well, although there were parts that made me go "eh:/" cause of the changes.

i don't get why thicknesse has another name?

Wait, what? Another name?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Absolutely pulled right in the Harry Potter plot and everythang now thanks to the Deathly Hallows and a very good lookin Hermoine.

I also liked the "Prisoner from Azkaban" years too. Thats when it was at its peak for me. Good memories back then to that.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

aye better not get on your bad side then ;)

sounds like a beautiful wand though

mine's laurel with unicorn hair, 10 inches and quite flexible

"it is said a laurel wand cannot perform a dishonourable act, although in the quest for glory (a not uncommon goal for those suited to these wands), i have known laurel wands to perform powerful and lethal magic. laurel wands are sometimes called fickle, but this is unfair. the laurel wand seems unable to tolerate laziness in a possessor, and it is in such conditions it is most easily and willingly won away. otherwise, it will cleave happily to its first match forever, and indeed has the unusual and engaging attribute of issuing a spontaneous lightning strike if another witch or wizard attempts to steal it."

i actually love this wood now that i've read this (though part of me wishes for maple or pear ha)

unicorn cores aren't particularly powerful but they're loyal and least likely to turn to the dark arts so i guess it fits with the wood

i wish there was more on patronuses

Haha. XD

Laurel and unicorn is a beautiful combination as well! I don't see laurel as being a super common wood for wands, especially since there are apparently so many different kinds. I'm amazed at how much thought and study went into all of this stuff.

Maybe we'll get more on patronuses in the future? I really hope so. I wish we could find out what ours is.

so am i! it's super fascinating, i never even heard of most of these woods before haha

i had to start googling the character's wands so i could read up on them lol

i have some hope for order of the phoenix (since harry teaches the DA about them) but idk

i did some looking into them myself and decided what i think mine would be but it'd be nice for some kind of confirmation~ or information from jk herself what different patronus forms mean

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just started Prisoner of Azkaban. I finished the other books for the most part, but I still need to brew a potion to finish Chamber of Secrets (which I absolutely suck at doing, tbh). I don't remember skipping as many chapters as I apparently have. XD

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that everyone is only good at one or the other. XD
That would make sense; maybe some of them had some things added to them, because I swear I did a couple of the ones that it said I didn't do.

I'm still not caught up! I've been so busy lately with midterms. :P

yeah they probably did, i thought i'd finished more than i had

might go back and do more reading because i don't remember how much of the extra information i've read

currently rereading the books and hoping they mention ravenclaw more than the films since i've finally accepted that's where i belong lol

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Huge "Potter" fan here!

Love(d) the books and the films. I still read the books regularly. If I don't know what to read I'll pick one of these up. 

I have yet to go to the studio tour though I would love to one day. I don't think that I would ever want to leave...

• 3 weeks later...

I started reading "Goblet of Fire" again last night after finishing "Mockingjay".

I've read the books so many times that I can pick one up at random and know exactly what has happened up until that point. I sat and read six chapters. They're so easy to read :) I love them.