MCR

bored_one107

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, the scene kid "fans" are only fans when there is a single out. A massive amount of the true friends are just ordinary kids. I don't know why I'm getting so defensive, I guess it's because one of my favourite things is being put together with one of my most hated. :rotfl:

I'm quite far from scene. My hair isn't cut like a mullet and bright colors don't go near my body. But I'm not Emo either, I love life. Mcr made me feel that. It made me appeiciate everything when I really couldn't find happiness in anything. But whatever if you don't like me because I scare you because a band helped me through life, I do not care. I go on with life. I haven't got this far in life with people all loving me.

I'm just leaving it at I had a not so nice teenage years, life is fantastic now and I am sorry if you don't see that. I hope when you go through a depressing time of your life you find a band who did what mcr did to me for you. :)

Agreed. I find it an insult that you must be a stereotype to love music. I'm not emo, scene, goth, chav, skater, punk or anything. I'm not one of those people who say, "I'm unique" either. I don't try to please anyone. I'm just myself. People laugh when I mention I'm a massive fan of MCR, yet also one of Britney Spears. They just don't get it. Haha.

I'm sold. I've listened to "The Black Parade" twice now and here I have yet another reason to kick myself.

HOLY SHIT tracks:

Mama

Sleep

Cancer

House Of Wolves

Famous Last Words

Honorable mention:

I don't love you (I don't care if the augmented fifth is the oldest trick in the book, I'm still a sucker for these songs :))

The equalization screen speaks it's crude language, as this album is clearly a victim of the loudness war. The producer has sucked the life out of it almost completely (disappointment). Luckily the music is amazing enough to complement it. I'll try to avoid "awesome" now...

I think "fun" is the word I'd use. I can't understand why anyone calls this music depressing, I thought it was uplifting and energetic! I loved the overall atmosphere, it was like a combination of "circus" and "b-class horror movie" :) The singer had the PERFECT voice for this kind of music. Really well layered guitar parts (chords against melodies with octaves etc) and cool drum barrages to bring the climaxes in.

Bah, why should I go on, when it will probably suffice if I will say that I totally loved this album and I will be listening it a whole lot in the future. Another slap in the face of this old "genre-faggot"

YAY! I'm really glad that you enjoyed it Pekka. :D

To be honest, I do believe The Black Parade is a whole lot better live, so maybe check out "The Black Parade Is Dead!"? A DVD was released and I'm sure you'll be able to download the audio somewhere online or watch some videos on youtube. MCR are way better live than recorded. :P