FBR going bankrupt?

holleh

Insiders have been speculating lately as to the financial status of record label Fueled by Ramen. The currently New York based record label, founded in 1996 by John Janick and former business partner Vinnie Fiorello in Florida, was initially dedicated to releasing music by bands such as Less Than Jake and Jimmy Eat World. The label began to garner more mainstream attention after signing and becoming home to the likes of Paramore, Panic at the Disco and Pete Wentz's, some would say "seminal", Fall Out Boy. After having technical ties severed with Fall Out Boy (which continues to be released under Wentz's imprint label, Decaydance), up-and-comers Hey Monday, VersaEmerge and The Cab now claim residence of the label. Recently, FBR veterans such as "The Academy Is" have seen greatly decreased sales, while it appears that their smaller bands have begun looking for support elsewhere as the economy only worsens. Wentz himself put it best in a recent ‘Tweet’: “If you aren't just a little bit depressed, then you aren't paying very much attention.”

A source says the financial expenditure going into these bands has not so far proved profitable and that in an effort to keep the label above water, there is currently talk of dropping several bands or bankruptcy could be a conceivable outcome for Janick and Co. Tooth & Nail Records have allegedly shown bonafide interest in Seattle based rock band This Providence, along with Equal Vision purportedly displaying attention to the aforementioned VersaEmerge. Unfortunately several bands may be without a label entirely if things continue down the same path without improvement.

Source

:uhh:

^thaaaat's the spirit.

it sucks, however everyone - and i mean everyone and everything in every industry - are making cuts out of necessity, i'm surprised it hasn't majorly hit the music industry sooner. it sucks that FBR might be in that group that have to drop bands, but overall i think the bands that we know and love definitely have a chance of keeping their heads up even if FBR do sink - the music industry is never going to die completely and those who deserve support and recognition are still going to continue to get it.

oh and FBR suck anyway.

...wait what ?

Good grief, I was freaking out for a minute.

I'm planning on working on getting an internship with FBR a few years from now at their New York office and if they go under my dreams would basically be shattered.

Just like when Steven's Untitled Rock Show was cancelled, it was my dream to intern with them, but you know.... fail for that.

Because, FBR don't promote them properly. I mean, they're album dropped in March and I have seen nooo promotion whatsoever. Besides a little bit on the FBR store, there's nothing. Plus, in all honesty, I really don't think Hey Monday should be headlining over them. I love Hey Monday a lot, I just think This Providence deserve it way more.

/mytwocents

Because, FBR don't promote them properly. I mean, they're album dropped in March and I have seen nooo promotion whatsoever. Besides a little bit on the FBR store, there's nothing. Plus, in all honesty, I really don't think Hey Monday should be headlining over them. I love Hey Monday a lot, I just think This Providence deserve it way more.

/mytwocents

maybe cuz hey monday is more marketable. all the music industry is is the image

/mytwocents

I agree one hundred percent.

This Providence really should be headlining the tour if you ask me. They're such a killer band and they dont get the recognition they deserve.