No Doubt And Paramore on www.canada.com

I don't know if it was posted here before...

http://www.canada.com/doubt+about+Paramore+rise/1771548/story.html

When Tennessee pop-punks Paramore first joined No Doubt on that band's comeback tour back in May, singer Hayley Williams remembers seeing a gang of young girls in the front row all doing their very best imitation, style- wise, of Gwen Stefani.

It was a scene that Williams, 20, could certainly understand.

Growing up, she was a big No Doubt fan who found herself in awe of the band's dazzling, charismatic frontwoman.

"I look at Gwen Stefani and she's barely even a real person she looks so amazing,'' said Williams in a phone interview. "She's an amazing woman to have done as much as she's done and to be impacting so many people still . . . I really hope to follow a career path like that.''

Of those dedicated Stefani-ites, Williams couldn't help but notice that "they didn't really know who we were.''

But the Gwen-gang kept turning up at shows, Williams says, and after awhile she began to feel like they had also become Paramore fans.

Meanwhile, there's been another group in those crowds that seems to be growing in number steadily and those young women have a different look.

Instead of Stefani's platinum blond, they're sporting bright orange locks in homage to Williams herself. It's something she's seen increasingly over the last year or so and she still doesn't quite know what to make of it.

"It's odd to look out there and see a bunch of Mini-Mes,'' says Williams. "You're wondering what possessed them to do such a thing... It sort of does a reverse psychology on you. You'd think you'd be like `Hey, all these people want to look like me. I feel pretty cool.' But actually it makes you feel more self aware and I'm not really fond of that.''

Found on paramoremusic LJ.

Reminds me of the drag queen at the Boston show dressed like Gwen. He was fierce! lol

This should go in the Press section, so I'm gonna move it. :)

That was a little scary. He was really freaky too.

^ Haha... hey, the man dressed more girly than I ever would. I have to give him props for that. He even had the heels. I will agree that he wasn't the prettiest drag queen I've ever seen though. :P