The California Wildfires

XMusicDudetteX

I searched and searched but could not find a thread on this, so if there is and my eyes deceived me then...lock this up, haha.

These fires are getting out of control, obviously since we've been declared a state of emergency. Saturday I went outside to view the orange sky that made every white item look like a pale blue, and ashes were falling from the sky. Today at school the sky was orange again, as was the ground, and more ashes continued to fall. Many of our sporting events are being canceled due to the hail of ashes and the smoky air.

A bunch of my friends have been evacuated from their homes. My family and I are preparing to face possible evacuation as well, should the fires continue to spread. Not to mention, we are surrounded by brush--the perfect feeding ground for fires. My Dad is at work now, working on the various machines for the firemen.

Pray for the firemen who are out there working and pray for their families as well. Pray for those who have been affected in some way or another by the fires. Let's hope for a rain storm without wind!

R.I.P

The two firemen who heroically risked their lives to ensure the safety of others from these damned fires. May they rest in peace with God and may God bless their family and friends. We thank you.

Wow no takers so far until me.

Really sad to hear 2 fire fighters died:(

There were wildfires (well, we call them bushfires in Australia) in my state earlier this year and it really drives home the point I gotta be grateful for living in the inner suburbs like I do which is away from the reach of dangerous spreading bushfires.

seriously, the fires here are getting out of control. just today i was in class and my mom calls telling me a fire started near my house...it seems to be under control...but ik a few people who have been evacuated and had their home lost....though i love how the smoke makes everything look....i do not want to see/hear about people losing everything.

rip to all the lives lost already.

Wow no takers so far until me.

Really sad to hear 2 fire fighters died:(

There were wildfires (well, we call them bushfires in Australia) in my state earlier this year and it really drives home the point I gotta be grateful for living in the inner suburbs like I do which is away from the reach of dangerous spreading bushfires.

Thats because, no offense, but this doesn't really impact the rest of us....so it's not going to be a hot topic (no pun intended)

But that said, best of luck to everyone.

Thats because, no offense, but this doesn't really impact the rest of us....so it's not going to be a hot topic (no pun intended)

But that said, best of luck to everyone.

I know that in other parts of the world it's probably not being discussed, haha. But the thread's simply an acknowledgment for those of us who reside in California by the fires.