Infamous Spam Thread - Part 16

RenegadeRoss

Riot was tracked using several different amps though, it wasn't all Rectifier.

I remember reading something on Gearslutz.com where David Bendeth mentioned a Vox AC30 made it onto the record, but I could be remembering incorrectly

It's good obviously, but Riot! and Brand New Eyes beat it hands down.

Chris Lord-Alge mixed BNE and he's an experienced guy and it shows. The guitar and bass guitar blend together better, the drums sound beefier and the whole thing just breathes more than AWKIF

It's just a bunch of different samples really, working together.

I never use one snare sample anymore.

Here's a mix I did for a friend recently. Just a short snippet from the song.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1663306/The%20Journey%20rough%203.mp3

The guitar tone was basically me trying to get a cross between Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory album and Riot! although it ended up sounding more like Riot! even though that wasn't the intention.

2 snare samples, 2 kick drum samples and 2 crash drum samples, and I reamped the bass guitar through Line 6 POD Farm and managed to get it blending fairly well with the guitars

SPAMZ

Your objective is simple: Soul Accumulation.

Your motive is a little bit more complex: Revenge

Stage One

To begin your plan, you must first traumatize a superman. This will cause the world to sign up for life insurance policies, unsettled by your arrival. Who is this despoiler of all that is good and nice and true? Where did they come from? And why do they look so good in classic black?

Stage Two

Next, you must sabotoge the internet. This will all be done from a amusement park, a mysterious place of unrivaled dark glory. Upon seeing this, the world will spontaneously combust, as countless hordes of ninjas hasten to do your every bidding.

Stage Three

Finally, you must tauntingly wave your opening of the seven seals, bringing about an end to sanity. Your name shall become synonymous with the spice girls, and no man will ever again dare sabotage your music career. Everyone will bow before your superhuman powers, and the world will have no choice but to give you control of the planet.

indeed.

http://www.darksites.com/evilplan.php