Infamous Spam Thread - Part 16

RenegadeRoss

I consider myself a metalhead.

Is that because I'm trying to be something I'm not? I find that notion kind of ridiculous to be honest.

70 per cent of what I listen to is metal, I'm a metal guitarist and it's the music I understand and relate to more than any over kind of music.

In this case, what is wrong with me calling myself a metalhead?

I don't dress like a typical metalhead at all (as photos of me suggest). Most people tend to associate me with the skateboarding/punk crowd upon first impression based on how I dress. Which isn't too far of a stretch either, because I listen to punk and I skateboard too.

But ultimately, I only call myself a metalhead and not a punk or a skateboarder, because metal is what I consider to understand.

understanding is probably far more important then dressing the part, I think we can agree on that

I don't think you are getting the point of my opinion.

I am not saying you don't like metal.

I am saying I don't believe in labels such as scene or metalhead.

Like, many people call themselves metal heads, but they are all into different things.

So, who is the TRUE metal head? The answer imo, no one. Because everyone is different.

typical "scene" girl:

-choppy hair

-usually black

-septum ring

-has a myspace with pictures of her from crazy angles with a TUFF face on because shes so hardxcore

-goes to local shows all the time

-belongs to a livejournal community called "cuntxcore" or "gungunbangbang" or "murderscene". because anything involving guns, or bang, or murder, or glamour, electric, shock, lust, is cool in her book

-often says things like "SUP NIGZ" or "KTHXBAI" or "I HATE YOU KDIE" or "IM COOLER THAN YOU K" or "SUP IM RAD" on their myspace profile

-loves dinosaurs and robots and little girl bows and headbands because its just the way things are in the scene. dont ask them why all of them happen to find all of these things suddenly attractive, because they dont know themselves, its just what TOTALLY SCENExCORE people do.

usually theyre just obnoxious bitches who put on this "scener than thou" attitude and hate everyone else, kthxbai lol.

i am so scene, with my dinosaur shirt and my polka dot headband and my short choppy black hair and my cigarettes and my obnoxious attitude <3 kiss my ass kthxbai see you at the hardcore show tomorrow.

Ummmmm.....urban dictionary anyone.

And bitchez I like bow headbands!:shifty:

Exactly.

I was kind of doing that to myself at one point.:\

But then i was like fuck it, this isn't me. I listen to Gwen Stephani and My Chemical Romance. I like bow headbands, Harry Potter, and Twilight.

I hate Hanna Montanna, High School Musical, and seafood.

I don't make any sense and it's okay.:D

There was a time when I went to lengths to hide certain things in my music library from my friends, but after a while it became ridiculous, why not just show them what I like which is part of who I am too?

I'm an inherently paranoid and anxious person and constantly thinks about what other people think about me to be honest. I hate it, but that part of me doesn't go away, so I'm at least glad I took that step and said "well whatever man, I can listen to indie pop and pop punk as well metal, say whatever you will of me"

There was a time when I went to lengths to hide certain things in my music library from my friends, but after a while it became ridiculous, why not just show them what I like which is part of who I am too?

I'm an inherently paranoid and anxious person and constantly thinks about what other people think about me to be honest. I hate it, but that part of me doesn't go away, so I'm at least glad I took that step and said "well whatever man, I can listen to indie pop and pop punk as well metal, say whatever you will of me"

I can relate with this:D But it get old changing yourself to make other people accept you. Now I say strait off. You don't like me? That's 100% your problem:wink:

Exactly.

It's terrible, but true that people are ignorant to different things.

If you aren't like them, some people don't even give you a second look.

Of course there are exceptions, a lot of people are open-minded and welcome new things and new people.

I came in to work one day and this girl I worked with eyes just about bugged out of her head, because I was wearing mostly black and my I'd dyed my hair dark brown. She say's, "Do you always dress like that?"

:roll: Give me a break.

But yeah, I do work with some normal really cool people :D