Sims 3 problems.. Could someone please help!?

BornForThis410

Anyone play Sims 3?? Could you help??

I have 3 neighbourhoods on my Sims 3 game. Sunset Valley, Riverview and Four Corners (a neighbourhood I named myself). Everything has been working fine until yesterday when I loaded the game planning to play Riverview, my most played neighbourhood with my most important stories in it. It loads to the Main Menu and I choose Riverview. The game then changes to the loading screen and the bar hardly fills with any amount of green before staying at that position for about a minute. The game then shuts off and takes me back to my desktop. Both other neighbourhoods are working but Riverview won't. The last time I've tried it doesn't even wait for the usual time of about a minute but the bar instead fills to the same point before shutting off immediately.

The only thing out of the ordinary that I can think of is that in My Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 3 there are these files that have appeared that were configured around the time I tried to load Riverview. These are;

xcpt ANDREW-PC 09-10-24 16.58.37.mdmp

xcpt ANDREW-PC 09-10-24 16.58.37

xcpt ANDREW-PC 09-10-24 17.05.29.mdmp

xcpt ANDREW-PC 09-10-24 17.05.29

xcpt ANDREW-PC 09-10-24 17.11.25.mdmp

xcpt ANDREW-PC 09-10-24 17.11.25

The mdmp ones are MDMP Files and the ones without mdmp are Text Documents. None of this makes any sense but I guessed that it could maybe help. Also, I'm not very technical so can you dumb down the answers. Lol. I posted this same thing on a Sims Discussion Board and was getting asked about graphics drivers and things that I had no idea about. Please, please help!

I hadn't had any problems with Sims 3 like that yet, but some with downloading Riverview (which you can download for free on the sims 3 store).

The only way out I'm thinking about is to update Sims 3. Since you downloaded Riverview via the Launcher, it's the only thing i can think of, that might has something to do with it. Therefor you should download the newest patch. Those patches actually resolve any problems with sims 3. Just search for them on Google and you will find one (:

Let me know if it worked! hopefully it helped a bit ;D