Writing a Paramore paper.

krs

Hey guys. So I have to write a paper on any band I wanted, and of course I chose Paramore because well, I know a lot about 'em and figured it'd be easy! lol

but there's a section where I have to talk about some of their musical elements (ie. how does the music reflect on rhythm, melody, harmonic, texture and form) and i can go about this by using specific songs. And I'm not the most technical person when it comes to distinguishing such things so I figured, why not ask you guys?

oh and how would YOU describe their style and instrumentation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:D

Well to start out, their basic instrumentation is: Drums, Bass Guitar, Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Vocals/keyboard. This does vary, however. For example, Taylor plays a Glockenspiel when they perform Brick By Boring Brick (before the last chorus). For guitars, the rhythm (for the most part) backs up the lead with power chords. The lead parts vary from a slight variation of the rhythm part in higher octaves, to catchy riffs (sometimes using octaves). (Josh loves octaves in his solos too!) The bass parts tend to provide a steady groove that is easily distinguishable (Fences) or serve as a subtle re-enforcement to the rhythm parts (Brick By Boring Brick).

Sorry I can't add more, I'm not feeling 100% today. I'm sure Harry can explain more of the musical aspects.

A good place to start brainstorming would be Wikipedia. Their facts are usually accurate. It's a good place to start. :smile:

Yes well you can't cite Wikipedia in a paper because of its nature (anyone is allowed to edit, so it's not a credible source), so it wouldn't be a good place to start...;]

Well to start out, their basic instrumentation is: Drums, Bass Guitar, Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Vocals/keyboard. This does vary, however. For example, Taylor plays a Glockenspiel when they perform Brick By Boring Brick (before the last chorus). For guitars, the rhythm (for the most part) backs up the lead with power chords. The lead parts vary from a slight variation of the rhythm part in higher octaves, to catchy riffs (sometimes using octaves). (Josh loves octaves in his solos too!) The bass parts tend to provide a steady groove that is easily distinguishable (Fences) or serve as a subtle re-enforcement to the rhythm parts (Brick By Boring Brick).

Sorry I can't add more, I'm not feeling 100% today. I'm sure Harry can explain more of the musical aspects.

oh thank you so much!

what you just put is perfect actually!

thanks again! =)