The Confession Thread - Pt. 11

Catie

I confess I have a HP Pavilion dm3(-1111sa) which is awesome. It's 'ultra-mobile' as well, which means it's light weight, lasts quite a long time, and is quite a nice size :)

Go for a macbook Catie for these reasons:-

1. the basic model (white plastic) is alot cheaper due to the introduction of the new macbook pro's, and still very powerful

2. it will last you longer than any pc / laptop you have ever had

3. never gets a cold or virus :)

4. they are so cool!

is it really small matt? i dont want a small laptop it's so annoying to type on and look at lol

mike, i want a mac but idk if i can adjust to not having windows lol.

i confess my professor let us out early so we're sitting in our next classes doing nothing

Go for a macbook Catie for these reasons:-

1. the basic model (white plastic) is alot cheaper due to the introduction of the new macbook pro's, and still very powerful

2. it will last you longer than any pc / laptop you have ever had

3. never gets a cold or virus :)

4. they are so cool!

don't get a macbook for these reasons

1. the basic model is still extremely overpriced for what you get

2. not true from what i've heard

3. people are brainwashed into thinking macs can't get virus but they can

4. they look pretty, that's about it

is it really small matt? i dont want a small laptop it's so annoying to type on and look at lol

Nonono, it's not a notebook! It's about 13" I think, which admittedly sounds quite small, but isn't. As far as I'm aware the keys are 'full size' but it doesn't have all of the extra buttons for number lock etc. Also F1-F12 are only accessed through a little button labelled 'fn' (function I guess), if you've ever seen something similar to a Thinkpad you should know what I mean. It's a great laptop too, will run photoshop without a problem, you can have multiple high memory stuff working (within reason)

Catie, whatever you do, DO NOT GET A NETBOOK.

I'm using one at this very moment and I want to throw it into a wall. (I'm borrowing it)

It's garbage and they don't even have CD drives.

If you want to do things involving media arts, get a Mac. Mike is right about the older models of Macs and that they are MUCH cheaper now. I actually have the black model and I like my version much better than the newer and more expensive one. And they DO get viruses, but it is a much less risk because more people use PCs so there are more PC viruses. Any computer needs virus protection no matter what it is. If you're used to a PC, then go with PC. However, I used to be completely anti-Mac. I hated them for years until I borrowed one of my friend's Macs and I fell in love with it and ended up buying one. So definitely explore all options here. Macs are pretty tough if you treat them right. They usually never have problems. Mine only broke because I dropped it a few times and then my friend STEPPED ON THE FUCKING SCREEN. :( My friend had a PC laptop made by HP (she now has a Mac) and the screen broke and falls backwards, and the actual screen part now spazzes and twitches and lines go across it, the volume keys don't work, it overheats, and it randomly shuts off even if it's plugged in. Her little sister has the same laptop and it freezes constantly, a piece of the plastic completely broke off and part of the insides are exposed and it randomly shuts off too. And this was all from them just simply using their computer.

Personally, being a Mac user myself, I think they are muuuchh more worth the investment. Sure, you pay a lot of money up front, but in the long run you aren't spending a ton of money trying to repair it (except for me because life likes to work against me and destroy what I love. Haha) and even though all computers should have virus protection, I never did and I never got a single virus out of the 2-3 years I've had my computer. So in short, my opinion is go Mac if you can afford it. If not, then go with what you're used to and get a PC.

yeah matt i think i might get an HP i'll look into that model, thanks!

kailey i know they suck so bad! when we got FIOS we got a free one. it's so tiny and weird.

i want a mac but i'll have NO money left lol. it's possible i MIGHT be able to greed my dad into helping me out (he claims he can get me a mac for free because of his friend but cant always trust him, he lies)

ross they only have rental computers and shit through my school.